Sprocket Carrier

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skel

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Guys, hope all is well out there in RR isolation land.... :sneakiness:

Since I can't ride the bloody thing I thought I put a lovely Renthal rear sprocket on the bike. So sets about this and normally I'd just follow Pete's idea of tight through feel, as it's always done me well in the past.. However this this time I thought no, I'll do it right and follow the torque settings.

So found an old thread saying 110nm. I think shit that is tight... :uncomfortableness: but BMW know what they're doing. Long effin story shorter lol and one of the nuts has stretched the bolt/tie bar on the carrier.

Any idea's guys?? or am I right in thinking this is a full replacement if so what cost am I looking at?

Thanks in advance and I hope we all get set free soon.

Cheers

Last edited:
I followed bmw and try to torque OE bolts on OE carrier to 110nm just to get it snapped. Never again

60nm is more than enough on 6 nuts.

This rings a bell with me..... I replaced the C and S on my HP in December I went looking for the torque value and found a different set of numbers which included a plus 45 degree rotation... so it read XX Nm plus 45 degree. But the value wasn't 110 Nm...

When I replaced my C and S the first time in 2017 I used the 110 Nm but found it was miles too high and just done it by feel.. maybe I'm talking shite but I'm certain this was the case.. I'll need to look it up.

Haha I was talking shite..I remember now the HP is different ... I must have used the 70 plus 45 at the outset... feckin memories going wild now.. I agree with above 60 to 70 Nm would be sufficient.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
3cc5b74a190914fbf4fb4fee3e1fb511.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Guys, hope all is well out there in RR isolation land.... :sneakiness:

Since I can't ride the bloody thing I thought I put a lovely Renthal rear sprocket on the bike. So sets about this and normally I'd just follow Pete's idea of tight through feel, as it's always done me well in the past.. However this this time I thought no, I'll do it right and follow the torque settings.

So found an old thread saying 110nm. I think shit that is tight... :uncomfortableness: but BMW know what they're doing. Long effin story shorter lol and one of the nuts has stretched the bolt/tie bar on the carrier.

Any idea's guys?? or am I right in thinking this is a full replacement if so what cost am I looking at?

Thanks in advance and I hope we all get set free soon.

Cheers

It?s simply a stud. Use a stud extractor or put two nuts on what?s left of the thread. Lock them together and undo the closest nut to the wheel, it should come loose fairly easily. Mine were finger tight, ie no thread lock.

Hope this helps, J

I have to say BMW?s dealer RSD is pretty poor. varying from wrong torque values to complete missing sections on swinging arms, midsections of bikes etc. J

Thanks guys. I?ve managed to find a used replacement quite cheap, so going to look at all options once that turns up. Thanks again for the assistance and the community love. [emoji1316]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back