Spa Francorchamps - where the S1000RR belongs!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monners

Reaction score
After Nurburgring we headed to Spa for a couple of days. The plan was to just use the Panigale as that's kitted up with race fairings and slicks but due to noise regulations I had to run power sapping baffles which lost me 15mph on the fast sections. I decided to take the BMW out for the last two sessions of the trip and only went and matched my best lap times in full road legal setup! It's also the only time I've taken the BMW on track other than Nurburgring a couple of days before. I've finally had my brain blown by this German masterpiece!

Crazy stats of the day: 174mph into Blanchimont corner, 169mph down the hill into Eau Rouge!

https://youtu.be/XFUNxeUe-18

Not this week :) I'm picking a new 1199R up on Saturday and I've told them I'm Not trading in the BMW. My man maths was saying to me that it sort of made sense if I wasn't trading it in then to swap the BMW for a 1299 so all the bikes used the same parts and wheels,etc. It might still happen but for now I'm going to do some noise testing at the tracks and see how things pan out. My mate is buying an S1000RR and has offered ?500 more than the dealers so that's still an option but I really don't know at the moment.

Latest posts

Back