Soon to be S1000RR owner!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricey

Reaction score
Evening all,

I've always been a fan of the S1000RR and finally gave one a go yesterday and now I'm hooked. I currently have an R6 and wanted to upgrade to some real power. So I narrowed it down to an 899 Panigale, Honda Fireblade, Big Bang R1 and the S1000RR. Took the BMW out for ride before all of the others and have just stopped looking now. It's what I want and it's what I will now get.

Hopefully I'll get some sound advice on here and maybe even find my perfect bike.

Thanks all,
Ricey

Evening Ricey,

After owning the R6, R1 and a S1000rr I can honestly say the S1000rr is the best bike out there, Obviously I'm not biased at all :)

Enjoy the forum mate, Which year S1000rr are you going for?

Thanks Felix, well I took out a 2015 model and loved the options it had on it. My issue is I really like the blue fire colour and I'm not sure if that model will have as much spec as the one I test rode. I loved the quick shifting up and down, that was outstanding and the bike as a whole made me feel so comfortable.

Welcome to the forum Ricey!

I fully agree with Felix that the S1000RR is one of the best bikes ever made, they are incredible well rounded bikes with a fantastic after sales experience. My 15 RR has been the best bike I've ever owned by a country mile!

The autoblipper was introduced on the Gen 3 RR, which is from model years 2015 onwards, along with the DDC semi active suspension etc.
Personally, I would chose a Gen 3 bike, rather then purchasing an older generation bike purely for the colour.
Despite that, whatever RR you end up choosing, you will be getting an amazing bike!

Enjoy the forum, and best of luck with your SThou search, may you find your ideal bike soon! [emoji4]

Oli

Hi Ricey, good to see you made the right choice. Hope you find one you like soon.

Welcome to the site.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Hi welcome to the forum. The original blue fire I think was only 2012 production, so it's a gen 2 which doesn't have the auto blipper and a host of other advances and tweaks. Get the 3rd gen bike you test tode then get some blue fire panels done for it. It'll look the mutts nuts.

Hi welcome to the forum. The original blue fire I think was only 2012 production, so it's a gen 2 which doesn't have the auto blipper and a host of other advances and tweaks. Get the 3rd gen bike you test tode then get some blue fire panels done for it. It'll look the mutts nuts.

I've got a friend who is the sales manager at Cannon Motorcycles in Braintree. He's sorting out the perfect bike for me and that was an option to get Blue Fire panels done if he couldn't get me one. I want the auto blipper so knowing I can't have it on a blue fire mode then a gen 3 it is.

Thanks for the advise everyone.

Id agree with everyone else on going for the 2015 model, the "Sport" comes with more toys and rider aids than anything else!! And its such a classy machine!

Latest posts

Back