So what happened with the ECU flash ??

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopper

Reaction score
Just wondering if there was any outcome with regards to the ECU flash that someone was going to have done ?

That'd be why he didn't reply to my message.

I phoned hilltop and asked what they do, said I am technically minded so wanted some detail but he was to vauge and brief for my liking. Didn't inspire enough confidence for me. Said he'd done about a hundred bikes which I know isn't many yet I've never heard any feedback about an s1000 job. Loads on the gs but none for the s.

Last edited:
Well if my bike blows at Snet you'll know why :tongue-new:

Is it not fast enough for ya ?
Of all the quirks this bike has (and I've stumbled across most of em) speed isn't one of them

I would think (and hope) that most people look to a remap to solve some of the issues - smoothing the off-on throttle pickup, sorting some of the TC's choppy tendencies with wheelies, or to make the fuelling safe with a race pipe - rather than mapping for MAX POWERRRRR <Clarkson voice> with no other thoughts.

FWIW, I've been mucking about with car tuning for the best part of 10 years and the car guys threw away piggy-back units like Power Commander and Bazzaz years ago. It's a fudge, when if you can access the ECU, you can speak to the organ grinder, rather than have a monkey that modifies his output. Never been keen in introducing so many more failure points (all the intercept plugs and messy secondary loom) necessary with piggy backs. Appreciate they are a familiar and trusted face on bikes though.

it has nothing to do with the speed as the bike is far faster than ill ever go

i just love the sound of a full race system and have had them on every bike ive owned but when these are fitted without the mapping i find that the ride is not the smoothest

and normally i have the powercommander fitted but nowadays im seeing that most top end cars/bikes are having the ecu remapped which tbh is far easier

had my ECU flashed on a subaru and also on my Nissan GTR and had no problems

I would think (and hope) that most people look to a remap to solve some of the issues - smoothing the off-on throttle pickup, sorting some of the TC's choppy tendencies with wheelies, or to make the fuelling safe with a race pipe - rather than mapping for MAX POWERRRRR <Clarkson voice> with no other thoughts.

Pretty much on the money in part as I in particular dislike sport mode. I would like more lean angle and less aggressive wheelie control.

No matter how fast your bike is you will get used to it (assuming that you are do open her up) so there is nothing wrong with a bit faster + I am fat, so I rarely turn down a chance for few more stallions. As long as it don't cost an arm and a leg.

Talk to Geoff at Hilltop.....I think that he can adjust and address the areas you mention....and of course add some extra horses to compensate for the extra pounds!!

He's away on hols for a week now, so give him a call in ten days or so. Btw, I have mine booked in when he's back.....

;-0)

Last edited:
Geoff at Hilltop remapped has remapped mine and I'm more than pleased with the results. The bike is not only more powerful it is no longer got the on off switch snatching ss it had before. The traction and anti wheelie settings are by far the best part of the map for me. Anybody thinking of having there bike reflashed and has any doubts just give Geoff a call he's a top guy.

Just had my 2014 GS done at Hilltop, stock was 100bhp after remap 121.75 bike is so much smoother now, I will soon be taking my s1000rr, at present its showing 192 bhp at the rear wheel, Geoff said if he can get at least 5% more, and if he can't he will do it for free.
top guy knows his stuff, and works with some of the BSB teams.

Had mine done 3 months ago at Hilltop, I couldn't be happier.

Smooths out the power delivery, improvements to TC and wheelie control and removal of the top speed limit in top gear. all you get with a power commander is fuelling changes.

I would recommend Geoff to anyone thinking of mapping their S1000RR

Latest posts

Back