So, Just how comfortable is the s1000RR Sport.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StuOnTwo

Reaction score
Interested in opinions of owners, perferably one's with similar attributes to myself.

6'2 and a bit of a beer belly.

Note I've sat on it, and it felt fine, but thats different to riding, and some of my friends know some people who've ridden the s1000rr sport and said it's pretty uncomfortable...

Your experience in this matter is greatly appreciated - whether it's good or bad!

I think it's pretty comfy. A bit wrist heavy at slower speeds though but that's no different to any other sport bike.

I am a simlair size to you I find it very comfortable for a sports bike. However I have rear sets fitted with the pegs further back than stock and a higher seat that really works for me. .....

I'm 6'2 and 21 stone, Most comfortable 1000cc sports bike for me. Standard seat and rearsets.

Rear shock is fine for my weight, but I've had to do front springs and heavier fork oil.

I find the seat perfectly comfy however my ring-piece disagrees. I use bike daily for commuter, after a year it gave me piles like the Himalayan mountains. Had it 2.5 years now, still comfy (and yes still have the piles)

Only thing that starts to smart on long journeys is my knees. Probably my lack of any meaningful flexibility though - plus I always ride on my toes. Daresay a change of rearsets or taller seat would help also.

I'm 6' 6" and 18 stone, I have all other makes of bike and other than my 14B R1 this sports bike is the most comfortable and has generous space. I also suffer with knee ache but this bikes riding position is very comfortable. Lest face it, its a sport bike so its never going to be 100% comfortable, if you want uber comfort then buy a GS adventure... but this sports bike its the best I've ridden so far in speed & comfort.....take one for a test ride!

I'm 6' 2", just over 14 stone and still have the standard pegs fitted, but with a taller BMW screen - I get on pretty well with my bike and I've done a couple of 2000+ miles Euro trips (~5 hrs in the saddle per day) on it, with no bother at all. Previous to this bike, I've mainly had Gixxers and MVs and I've found the S1k the most comfortable.
TBH, if I could, it would be nice to stretch the legs out further on the really long boring rides, so I'd like to add some nice rearsets. However, as most rearsets are intended for racing (and just adjust up &/or back), I would need to know if the new rearset would provide the extra comfort, i.e. do they go down as well as back and up? I was thinking about some of the usual HPs (Gilles), but I cannot find any literature to confirm the adjustment from standard - this has what has held me back from buying, so has anyone got this info? Or can you recommend a good quality rearset that will provide an optional more comfortable setup too?
Cheers, Steve.

I have an F800 and an S1K. I'm same height as OP, but not much of a belly..yet..

If I had to empty a tank of fuel in one go, I'd prefer to do it on the S1K. Always have done. This fact still surprises me, given the other is a sports tourer, but it was reaffirmed last Sat when I did 250 miles on the S1K. Yes, some days I get a bit of wrist ache, and start to long for the F800. As others have commented the only thing a long ride without a break will cause is a bit of knee ache.

I'm 6' 2", just over 14 stone and still have the standard pegs fitted, but with a taller BMW screen - I get on pretty well with my bike and I've done a couple of 2000+ miles Euro trips (~5 hrs in the saddle per day) on it, with no bother at all. Previous to this bike, I've mainly had Gixxers and MVs and I've found the S1k the most comfortable.
TBH, if I could, it would be nice to stretch the legs out further on the really long boring rides, so I'd like to add some nice rearsets. However, as most rearsets are intended for racing (and just adjust up &/or back), I would need to know if the new rearset would provide the extra comfort, i.e. do they go down as well as back and up? I was thinking about some of the usual HPs (Gilles), but I cannot find any literature to confirm the adjustment from standard - this has what has held me back from buying, so has anyone got this info? Or can you recommend a good quality rearset that will provide an optional more comfortable setup too?
Cheers, Steve.

Attack Performance go up down and all around. Quality kit. I originally bought to lower the pegs and it made a big difference, now the bike is only on track, they are all the way up for clearance.

Regards
Davy.

Attack performance rear sets don't go any lower than stock, in the lowest setting and forward is exactly the same as stock.

Attack performance rear sets don't go any lower than stock, in the lowest setting and forward is exactly the same as stock.

Mine go lower and forward than stock. Also higher and backward than OEM as well.

I think you need to read the attack performance manual lowest and farthest forward = stock position

Not read it for a while, but I believe it also says that pegs can be mounted on the opposite sides to give further adjustment, something like that. This gives lower placement I believe.
They go lower than stock, I have a set.

Thank you everyone for you replies, a few of my friends have been trying to convince me that this bike perhaps isn't for me comfort wise, and it is genuinely because they care, and we ride out as a group a lot and they don't want me not to show up if the bikes too uncomfortable, I sat on one for a good 20-25 minutes earlier this week, also I have a test ride booked for a week on weds, so I hope all goes ok, to be fair the position feels a world apart from my gsx650f but to be fair it's a totally different bike. I just hope that as this is the bike of my dreams, that my dreams won't be shattered. Also ross harper I'm sorry to hear about your nobby styles.

I went from an R1 to Blade and rode the s1000rr in between and can honestly say its the comfiest litre bike ive ridden to date....

Interested in opinions of owners, perferably one's with similar attributes to myself.

6'2 and a bit of a beer belly.

Note I've sat on it, and it felt fine, but thats different to riding, and some of my friends know some people who've ridden the s1000rr sport and said it's pretty uncomfortable...

Your experience in this matter is greatly appreciated - whether it's good or bad!

S1 with stock suspension setting is like riding a fat bird, a bit soft and gooey, so yes very comfortable.

Latest posts

Back