Slight Oil leak

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RR Jonah

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on a problem I have with my bike. The bikes a 12reg gen2 with 8k on the clock. Problem is ive noticed a slight oil leak/weep coming from one of the holes in the sump, not a bolt hole but one of the empty ones (not sure of their purpose, or name) Anyone else encountered the same ? Thanks in advance.

You sure it's not excess chain oil working its way down to the lowest point? Unlikely I know but....

No matey, deffo not that,its coming down that hole. Its forward of the oil inspection glass on the under side of the sump.

No matey, deffo not that,its coming down that hole. Its forward of the oil inspection glass on the under side of the sump.
In that case I’ve no idea, sorry. But I have heard rumours of porous sumps before, could this be an example?

some early bikes reportedly suffered sump corrosion leading to oil leaks, no idea if you have that issue. I’d get it to the dealer to take a look.

i had a leaking sump on my 15 plate. even after removing the sump the bmw motorad shop still couldnt see where it was leaking from. new sump fitted under warranty.

Latest posts

Back