setting up rider sag.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had mine setup yesterday by FTR suspension new springs all round because of my weight and the difference is amazing, ithought the rear was very hard from new but that's because I was to heavy for it and it was compressing it to much, they fitted 95kg rear spring and 90kg front springs set the sag and damping to suit and the difference is like night and day

Chorsley how much are the springs to buy because I could do the work myself in fitting them

K-Tech Springs direct from them are £85, same price for Fronts and rear. The guy I use can get Race Tech fronts for £100, As a guideline for you.

When I was on the phone to Ohlins a while back, guy told me the Ohlins Shock Spring 01092 should be £55+VAT (so £66).

I'm glad this came up because i thought when it said set up for a 85kg person in the manual the sag was already set up but on measuring today ive got nearly 10mm on the front but only 8mm on the rear.Oh forgot to mention i am about 72kg with no gear on so should be close to the 85kg with gear on.

I always forget about Ohlins front springs, they seem to think fat men don't ride sports bikes. They only do up to a 10.5nm.

Latest posts

Back