Sag settings

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wull

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
For those that have had it set up or have done it themselves what are you running and how many turns to achieve this?

I?ve just set it up there the now for me using my Motool slacker tool and the wife to hold the bike upright.

The manual states from unladen weight to rider sag it should be front 40 +-2mm and 35 +-2mm rear. I checked the standard preload settings and it was zero preload front and rear. I then checked what the range was and it was 15 turns front and 22 rear. There was too much sag on the front so put 3 turns of preload in and achieved 40mm of sag so I left it there. The rear was perfect at 37mm so left that as is.

I then set it up for track so that when the time comes I can quickly put it to where I know it needs to be. There isn?t anything in the manual for track but found online that the recommendation is 30mm rear and roughly 35mm front. I put a further 3 turns in the front taking it to 6 turns and achieved 36mm ish so left it at that and the rear required 12 turns to get it to 30mm ish.

So a good base to start with, just need to have a play with the damping settings in ride mode pro.

93-E31-D8-C-C010-4874-9-A83-D990-E8-EFC1-C0.jpg

DAF67837-7-B3-E-48-B3-A78-A-8158-AD1-ECAAF.jpg

Good man, I've not taken mine out of the box yet, just not had the time to start messing about with the Gen 4.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Dave Moss is a good source of information - though others tried his settings and didn't like them.
I have a subscription to DMT

Dave Moss is a good source of information - though others tried his settings and didn't like them.
I have a subscription to DMT
Is the Dave Moss subscription worth while? Suspension setting is something I don't know anything about. Had a fellow at knockhill set up the gen 3 for me, and never played with it since. The husky 701 I got a few months ago needs setting up. I think the front is too hard, and back too soft. Was thinking I'd try subscribing to Dave Moss

From memory is not hugely expensive. Plenty of content for a year. But taking your bike somewhere to get setup maybe a better use of money...

Is the Dave Moss subscription worth while? Suspension setting is something I don't know anything about. Had a fellow at knockhill set up the gen 3 for me, and never played with it since. The husky 701 I got a few months ago needs setting up. I think the front is too hard, and back too soft. Was thinking I'd try subscribing to Dave Moss
I'm always here if you have any specific questions, ridden the Gen 3, 4, and 5 - and I could try and be helpful. Online Profile

hi guys,when you adjust the sag F/R on electronic suspension do you have to recailibrate it after you have reset it to your weight, or adjust it,and your good to go, m1000 2023

One thing to bear in mind is the Gen 4 is the first bike I've come across where the bottom of the visible fork travel isn't the bottom of the travel. It's 13mm higher on mine. I stripped the forks to check if anything was installed wrongly when I serviced them and it's all to spec. It manifested itself as a similar feeling to having warped discs without the pulsing in the front brake lever. It's a pulsing in the front suspension as it hits the bump stopand your tyre becomes your suspension. I initially thought I'd picked up a small stone in one of the holes of the brake disc ie elongated it as the pad swept past. But putting both discs in my lathe and spinning them up with a dial gauge attached, they were all fine. So you need to add more preload than usual. Now K-tech say I have the correct springs for my weight and I like the supple feel I have on my bike, so with my preload on max front and rear I went the reducing air-gap route. After a lot of testing I found adding 20ml per fork leg and the settings (Pro 1) in the picture transformed my front end. (to be honest you only need to do the Damping leg as the air gap is huge on the other). You just need an under yoke front stand, loosen off the top yoke handle mount as you won't be able to undo the fork caps and add 20ml of fork oil..(I took mine off because of other work) and some sort of scissor jack under the front wheel so you raise the fork caps. 30 mins job. Worth a try... :)

Attachments

• IMG_5383.jpeg
    IMG_5383.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5384.jpeg
    IMG_5384.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5385.jpeg
    IMG_5385.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6722.jpg
    IMG_6722.jpg