service stamping

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggyboy

Reaction score
Quick question guys

I always do my own service on my bikes , Have done for 30 years , Does anyone know if a dealer would stamp my book for a few quid if i purchased the service parts from them , Ive never owned a new bike and want to keep the book stamped if possible

Stamping the book doesn't exist anymore. All work on the bike should be catalogued on a central database by all the BMW dealerships. If you don't have your bike serviced there then the record of the work won't exist.

does anyone service their own bike and write it in the book or do you all pay the money at a dealership to do it ?

i just can't justify a BMW spanner monkey working on my bike when i can do it and for a lot less and know 100% its been done right

and many people have the bikes services at independent dealers so won't be on any data base

Quick question guys

I always do my own service on my bikes , Have done for 30 years , Does anyone know if a dealer would stamp my book for a few quid if i purchased the service parts from them , Ive never owned a new bike and want to keep the book stamped if possible

i know like the BMW cars as long as you use genuine BMW parts dosent matter what garage you use as long as the parts are bmw genuine parts ur good it won't even void ur warranty now i days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i just can't justify a BMW spanner monkey working on my bike when i can do it and for a lot less and know 100% its been done right

I agree that there are some main dealer 'spanner monkeys' around hence why I changed the dealer where I get my bike serviced earlier this year. IMO where the problem lies in doing your own servicing on an expensive bike is when it comes to resale time, I don't doubt your competence as a mechanic but if I'm buying a second hand bike (or car) I want to see evidence that it's been 'properly' serviced for peace of mind and to retain a FSH to help retain it's value for when I eventually sell it on again.

BMW Servicing

I have my S1000RR serviced each year by a BMW dealership and they stamp the relevant pages in the Owner's Manual. The service data is also recorded electronically and the information is held by BMW. It's worth noting that I change my own oil around every four trackdays and brake fluid a couple of times each season. My BMW dealership is fully aware of this fact so never repeat these tasks unless requested; but they do supply me with OEM oil filters. That and I wholeheartedly trust the excellent ability of their technicians and staff. As for servicing the main issue that you will have by doing it yourself is you will be unable to plug the bike into BMW's diagnostic system and perform the necessary software updates.

Latest posts

Back