Scotland Help please

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ste M

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Lads, i know we have a few Scottish riders on here so I'm after a bit of help please. Ive been planning and booking my trip for September this year. Im staying on Loch Lomond the first night then up to Plockton 2nd night then Thurso for the 3rd night.

Now my issue is I want to head down to the Edinburgh area for the last night before heading back home. Does anyone have any recommendations for somewhere to stay? I'm kinda not bothered in one way where as long as I stay somewhere with a pub and food and also more importantly where my bike is safe, by this i mean I think i may prefer to stay away from a busy city

Thanks

Ste

If you want to stay outside the city then you could look at staying at South Queensferry - its a nice wee place with a good atmosphere and it would be safe for the bike - The Hawes Inn could be a good option. You can also get a train from nearby Dalmeny into the centre of Edinburgh if you wanted a trip into the city for a look around and a few beers.

Last edited:
Your post led me to find out what an amazing place Loch Lomond is. The pictures of the lake are wonderful. I envy you for seeing it alive:courage:

Your post led me to find out what an amazing place Loch Lomond is. The pictures of the lake are wonderful. I envy you for seeing it alive:courage:

Just in case it inspires you to visit you should know that in Scotland there is only one lake (Lake of Menteith) in the whole country, all the other bodies of water are called 'lochs' - we can be a little fussy about that sometimes :)

and if you can pronounce loch properly you'll make friends quickly - it is not pronounced 'lock', it is...errr.... 'lawchhhhh'...

The best tourist advice I ever got was from the Lonely Planet c1995, for Iceland. It had two entries that stand out in memory:
1. Under Car Hire it simply said 'Don't - you can't afford it'
2. Under Day Trips to Greenland it said something like 'day trips to Greenland are possible, but be wary of invites into peoples homes, as wife swapping parties are common'

...anyone still thinking about how to pronounce loch?? :)

Latest posts

Back