Scotland advice again please

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ste M

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Afternoon

I'm planning another trip again this year, last year I did, home to Loch Lomond then over to Kyle of lochalsh then west cost north coast and east coast to Inverness, followed by straight down to Moffat.

This year I'm planning on Home and then off the motorway at Moffat to complete some more roads there and then I was toying with the idea of up and past Edinburgh and over the forth bridge and up through the cairngorms national park and over to either fort Augustus or Inverness again.

Whats peoples opinions on this route? mainly the national park bit as its a huge day so I don't want to do it if its genuinely not worth it. I don't think any part of my journey last year was bad, well except the camera laden a9, but I just want to make sure this is well worth it if there is another better route

The rest of my route will be the day after to head over to the north west around Durness and then head down the west coast again. I'm also planning on doing, Isle of Skye, Isle of Mull and also Iona, reason for Iona is my 2nd cousin is named after the island so I've promised my cousin some pictures.

I'm planning on 4 nights and also alone so massive mile days don't bother me at all

Thanks

Ste

You could play around our roads for a week and not ride the same one twice.. dunno about the Edinburgh thing but when your over the west coast. A85/A83 Campbeltown..A86 Spean Bridge to Dalwhinnie is a must...A82 up to Invergarry is Sensational..A87 Kyle Road is Sensational.. Skyes roads are mainly recovered and in good nick, a midweek run means little traffic so you can get a charge on if your not paying attention to scenery....A830 Mallaig Rd is Sensational, very fast if you like it that way.. pick up the boat from Mallaig to Skye...there's loads of routes.. just hope it stays dry..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I?ve done the moffat up to Edinburgh on that road a few times both ways and it;s a nice bit of tarmac, brings you out on the edinburgh ring road. Up towards inverness through the national parks on the old military road is superb, we did it on a forum meet/trip a few years back.

Latest posts

Back