SBW Motorrad

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notgreen

Reaction score
Guys,

just joined, first RR and new to this forum.

I need some genuine and helpful, professional advice.

Bought a 64 plate 2015 variant RR from SBW in Welwyn.

Test rode the bike and fell in love with it. Was offered a deal on that bike and accepted it with a PX. No issue with that.

Picked the bike up a week ago, wasn't valeted, water marks all over it etc etc.

Took the bike to work last week and thought I would try out the cruise control.............didnt work.

Thought it might have been me, but again thought ok, Ill call the dealership.

Went on a rideout that night with my local bike club and met bizarrely two independent guys who had both ridden my bike as a demo.

I thought ok, ill ask them about the CC, as they have 15 plate RR's, there reply was " Really, thats odd because when test rode that excat bike amonth ago, the sales manager told me the cruise control wasnt working!!!!".

I took the bike to the dealership last Friday and one of the salesman agreed that he would get the cruise control fixed, the scratches on the fuel cap and paint work that I was not happy with oh and yeah...............................there was the fact that I paid ?250 holding deposit, and between that time and when I picked it up, there was an extra 110 miles on the clock.

I phoned the dealership owner/principal tonight; and he basically accused me of saying I wanted the bike by a certain day so they didnt have enough time to check it over. An unbelievable conversation that was clearly him flapping and trying to tie me up in knots.

The bike is being picked up thursday to put it right, but I want blood.

How do I play this and with who!?

I hope there is someone form this dealership reading this and they may get an understanding of just how serious I am.

Thanks guys,

Jon

Hi Jon....i've had some problems with my bike too.... might be worth a call to BMW Customer Services UK? 03705050160 ...hope you get it sorted asap! ;-)

Hi,
Check the clutch lever microswitches, there are 2. If the bike has aftermarket levers fitted, or has had them fitted, then it is possib
le that the microswitch 'tabs' are damaged/bent, these are VERY easy to damage when fitting aftermarket levers.

When you pull the clutch lever, you should hear 2 very light clicks as the microswitches oiperate, if you do not hear two clicks, then there is a problem and your CC will not work, neither will your quickshifter/auto blipper.

If the dealer is going to put right what was wrong, apart from the extra miles I would say you've got nowhere to go with it. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear.

as they've stuffed up the 'sorting out' pre delivery and the extra miles you might get some goodwill from the dealer. I would speak to them, calmly, first before going to BMW UK. But if they don't give a sh!t then certainly BMW uk is the place to go and open a case with them for some compensation (goodwill). Probably in the form of a credit towards a service or similar.

Cavey, Whats up with your bike mate!? Did you get it from SBW!?

Ive heard back from BMW, they have basically hit me with the they are a franchise and we cant get involved with how they treat there customers. That is an actual quote!!!! What do you have to do!? Its not just that the bike had a couple of bits wrong with it, I could almost live with that as long as they get them fixed.

What really p***** me off was that they put an extra 110 miles on it after I paid 250 quid deposit, then the cruise control didnt work when I rode her to work. I went to my normal bike club meet that night and two people I had never met before came over and introduced themselves as fellow RR owners. I took the opportunity to ask them about the cruise, and they both said to me that they had ridden my exact bike as a demo a month before, and the sales manager had told them that the cruise control didnt work anyway!!!!!!!!!

Its just that massive lack of honesty that has really wound me up!? I hate nothing more than people trying to have me over, this lot did!!!!

Soof, the service manager checked out the micro switches and the clutch and they both do what they are supposed to do.

They are picking the bike up this morning to get it fixed, and bring it back valeted as it should have been a week ago.

Hi Jon, sorry to hear of your unhappy experience. I know how you feel as I had problems when I picked mine up.
I wouldn't go in guns blazing to start with as I feel that will work against you.
Be polite but firm and I'm sure you will get the end result.
I actually had salesmen and service managers who were genuinely delighted that I got the outcome I wanted as I didn't make a scene and jump up and down.
Maybe you have gone past that stage but it's nice to be nice....

Cavey, Whats up with your bike mate!? Did you get it from SBW!?

Ive heard back from BMW, they have basically hit me with the they are a franchise and we cant get involved with how they treat there customers. That is an actual quote!!!! What do you have to do!? Its not just that the bike had a couple of bits wrong with it, I could almost live with that as long as they get them fixed.

What really p***** me off was that they put an extra 110 miles on it after I paid 250 quid deposit, then the cruise control didnt work when I rode her to work. I went to my normal bike club meet that night and two people I had never met before came over and introduced themselves as fellow RR owners. I took the opportunity to ask them about the cruise, and they both said to me that they had ridden my exact bike as a demo a month before, and the sales manager had told them that the cruise control didnt work anyway!!!!!!!!!

Its just that massive lack of honesty that has really wound me up!? I hate nothing more than people trying to have me over, this lot did!!!!

Soof, the service manager checked out the micro switches and the clutch and they both do what they are supposed to do.

They are picking the bike up this morning to get it fixed, and bring it back valeted as it should have been a week ago.

Hey Jon...my bike had a failed ignition switch after 4 weeks. The dealer (not SBW) took the bike back for repair and was with them for 6 weeks awaiting the part from Germany! BMW Customer Services gave me the same BS about my contract being with the dealer and to speak to them, but BMW are ultimately responsible for any good will gestures, nothing to do with the dealer. I'd get back on the phone to them and insist they compensate you for your issues.

Don't hold your breath for anything substantial tho. I've just got my bike back and they've offered me ?400 of parts/service. The issue cost me over ?1k in insurance/depreciation/cancelled holidays & trackdays etc. BMW promised me they would fully compensate me but they've turned around and shafted me.....I wish i'd have issued a Sales Of Goods Act refund request immediately the issue occurred! Underhanded bast**ds!

Hope you get a suitable resolution asap
Enjoy the bike and try not to let this ruin the experience ;-)

Back