Fuel pump not priming

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bdr-RR

Reaction score

Hi all, first time posting… Right… Gen3 RR 15 plate. Turn key to on, fuel pump doesn’t prime? Took tank off and removed fuel pump, Tbag filters clean, tank is clean. Wired up pump motor to a 12v battery and it worked. Put it all back together, plumbed in tank, all hoses and wiring, turned key and it primed. Turned key to off, gave it a minute, turned key to on and nothing again?????? Could it be the ecu or am I jumping the gun? Cheers guys

Might be a silly question but is the battery in the bike all good? Seen some issues and I had an issue with VDS error but think it’s a low battery, need to get a new one for start of the season and hoping it sorts it out

Might be a silly question but is the battery in the bike all good? Seen some issues and I had an issue with VDS error but think it’s a low battery, need to get a new one for start of the season and hoping it sorts it out
Battery is new and fully charged

If the fuel system is already up to pressure it won’t always prime.

Are you saying it’s not priming and then won’t start? Or it’s just not priming?
I’ve got it to prime now, I changed the pump control relay. But it seems like the bike doesn’t have a spark. It just turns over.

Latest posts

Back