Saying hello again.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alps Pacino

Reaction score
Hello

I used to pop on here a few years back when i owned my 2012. Sold that and decided to do a bit of racing with an r6.

I'm back on a s1000rr now which i'm racing hence my reappearance to the site. Anyway heres a pic of me enjoying my bike.

Welcome back! I need to get some new leathers, AM on my list, how do you find them?

Perfect. Funny enough my mate was on to me this morning about getting a set and asking what i thought of them. I'd 100% recommend them especially if you are a different shape to mr average and struggle with off the peg leathers. I'm 6 foot 5 and average build to thin so was the perfect option to me.

I did try a set of arc-on leathers which were supposed to be made to measure. Worst experience from a trader i have ever had. Go get some A.M you wont regret it. Tell Steve i've sent you. My names mark whiteley

Hi and welcome back!
Your bike looks brilliant, I've seen it on before poss on Instagram?
6' 5" ooft, no probs with you touching the ground like me then.

That paint looks excellent..I used Scott Leathers... for the sole reason that they were at the Scottish bike show. I had an indifferent experience but would use them again strangely...I quite liked Jimmy that owns the company..

Sent from Galaxy S7

Perfect. Funny enough my mate was on to me this morning about getting a set and asking what i thought of them. I'd 100% recommend them especially if you are a different shape to mr average and struggle with off the peg leathers. I'm 6 foot 5 and average build to thin so was the perfect option to me.

I did try a set of arc-on leathers which were supposed to be made to measure. Worst experience from a trader i have ever had. Go get some A.M you wont regret it. Tell Steve i've sent you. My names mark whiteley

Cheers Mark

Loupe yeah maybe, i'm alpspacino on there and have the pics up. No you're right I have no problem touching the floor with my massive legs.

soofsayer, i'm racing with no limits. Not as much as i'd like but I try and do as many rounds as I can.

Alex. Must have been a different one because my bike was built brand new for me. It was built by Shoey at ice valley racing from a new bike but there are a few more of his old bikes kicking about and for sale.

I'm needing to get it fixed at the moment after being involved in a 7 bike pile up at cadwell so my leathers are looking erm slightly second hand and the helmet is in the bin.

Alex. Must have been a different one because my bike was built brand new for me. It was built by Shoey at ice valley racing from a new bike but there are a few more of his old bikes kicking about and for sale.

Ahh I see, all the graphics on it made me think it was another one then. Thinking about it that had more orange in the colour scheme...and might have been an HP4 too :eek: oops. Weathers nice today...ahem...

Much damage after your spill? To the bike? Were you the innocent victim or the main protagonist of the 7 bike fail?

soofsayer, i'm racing with no limits. Not as much as i'd like but I try and do as many rounds as I can.

I'm needing to get it fixed at the moment after being involved in a 7 bike pile up at cadwell so my leathers are looking erm slightly second hand and the helmet is in the bin.

:). Next time you have a weekend race meet at Cadwell put up a post on it and I might be able to pop along for a nosey. Is Croft on the calendar too (I'd be surprised if it was) ?

Yeah it needs a few bits but its straight and only bolt on bits so i'm happy. Needs fairings, screen, clocks, clock bracket, subframe, engine casing, gb covers, front wheel dented but repaired, rear brake lever, exhaust then just odds and sods and bits I've probably forgotten.

Victim, off the start 2 lads collided, one ended up laid in middle of the track, lad braked to nearly a stop, lad went into back of him, I went into the back of him and got hit from behind. Proper carnage. There is a video of it somewhere

yeah its not good at all. Its hard to avoid going from trying to accelerate as fast as possible to stopping as fast as possible lol

Ouch, glad you're ok and it's only the bank balance that's suffering :ambivalence:

Yeah was a bit battered and bruised but nothing broken. My bank is taking a right bashing this month and i still have well over 1k's worth of bits left to buy

Latest posts

Back