S1k Recall - Official!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
olly you must be mad this is the best bike i have owned absolutely awesome
i am treating this as my engine is going to be hand built plus its guaranteed as well

Oly1000rr link=topic=747.msg7849#msg7849 date=1337001908 said:
mines been recalled, only 6 weeks old. waiting for the parts. if someone made me a decent offer id sell it. over 14k and it sounds like a bag of spanners on tick over, then needs to be recalled and have the engine taken out and fixed. should have bought something else. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ah you'll forgive it when it's screaming away blurring time and space.

olly, dont give up on it yet. when you have recall done & get it run in, i swear to you the first time you give it the beans on your favourite stretch of road the recall will just become a blur in your imagination, the recall is unfortunate i know, im in the same boat as you,waiting for parts :-( this is my second s1r and trust me there is nothing else comes close. stick with it, its definitely worth the wait

olly i feel the same, most money i`ve ever spent on a bike & it sounds like a traction engine on t/over ! but my ex blade was recalled for new clutch at 1st service !(honda even came &picked bike up ) whats really pissing me off is the lax attitude of dealer(chester) & customer services at bmw uk who dont seem bothered that i might be going to TT or quick blast abroad may/june ,the parts are supposed to arrive this week & the letter explaining all ! does any one know if the warranty will start again when its finally fixed ? it better be as good as you all say after this !

hi guys, just got back from my dealer, THE NEWS IS NOT GOOD. IT WILL BE ANOTHER 2-3 WEEKS BEFORE ANY PARTS ARRIVE FOR THE CONROD FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feeling your pain..... I had a problem with a KTM last year (after 6000 miles)
and was off the road for 2 months. KTM then handed me a bill for £1700 and said that as it couldn't be proven it was a fault I had to pay. So much for built like a tank !

I'll never buy a KTM again... bought the BMW 2 weeks later and never looked back, except at KTM's ;)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it can happen with any bike manufacturer.

but yeah..... feeling your pain.

converted link=topic=747.msg7959#msg7959 date=1337358586 said:
hi guys, just got back from my dealer, THE NEWS IS NOT GOOD. IT WILL BE ANOTHER 2-3 WEEKS BEFORE ANY PARTS ARRIVE FOR THE CONROD FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please say this is not true? Am totally pissed off now what are they doing?

sorry roonster, but i swear to you that is what i was told yesterday, checked on the computer while i was at the dealers. i am as cheesed off as you mate, got my annual trip booked & paid for & at present got no bike to go on. got a couple of weeks before im gonna really start jumping up & down.
lets hope he got it wrong, but somehow i dont think so, good luck fella.

Been into ducati today, i think i may get out of this bike , i cant be bothered with all the hassle, plus i dont trust williams grease monkey to take out my engine and put it back the same. Gutted as ive spent loads on an akropovic end can, baglux, ventura rack etc.
Anyine want an april 2012 black bike?

for what its worth olly i think you are mad there is no i would swap this bike for a ducati they are all made on a friday afternoon not something i would want

converted link=topic=747.msg7959#msg7959 date=1337358586 said:
it's three weeks today i got the call, if i havent heard anything by wednesday im going to start kicking off in the middle of the show room ranting about 13k plus down the drain. ( no way im going to get rid of bike but they dont know that) seems being polite isnt getting anyone anywhere, so lets see what sweeteners they offer when they want to shut me up in front of their potential customers. Like others ive had other bikes recalled and actually admire bike manufactors for identifying and sorting problems rather than pretending there not there,but this is taking the piss

billybob link=topic=747.msg7999#msg7999 date=1337619340 said:
jamie where did you get your bike from we could go on mass i haven't heard thing from mine either
Rainbow centre in sunny Rotherham Mate, what about you

Spoke to my dealer at the weekend and they have almost enough to do a couple of bikes, the only thing they are missing now are the gaskets. I asked if it was an engine out job and they said that BMW had only given them 4 hours for the work so they will tilt the engine in the frame to get to the Conrod bolts. Hopefully it wouldn't be much longer.

Got up early sunday decided to 4get about recall & see if all the hype is true...................well it is ,this bike is SIMPLY AWESOME !!! its without doubt truly breath-taking,i reckon its 10mph faster everywhere than previous blade & just as nice to ride .So forget recall for now bm have said its ok to ride so i`m getting on with it !
Olly give it a chance.

I've had my 2012 for 3 weeks, I take it they would not of let me take it from the showroom if mine had the issue?

Are they sending letters to the owners of the bikes that require the fix

I would get them to confirm that.

Just had a call from my dealer going to be at least another 4 weeks, think I will pay them a visit !

Just spoke to my dealer (chester) they said ....parts arrived in germany thursday ? & will be in shop next thurs/fri ,they confirmed bmw said its fine to ride !
I dont think they really know whats going on !

i hope your right, my trip is just around the corner and im starting to panic. parts man from my dealer is phoning me wednesday with an update. at present they have everything they need to do the job apart from the con rod bolts, how or why it takes so long to get the bolts is beyond me. :eek: if nothing is sorted by friday im going to have to look into getting another bike from somewhere :mad:

Latest posts

Back