S1k Recall - Official!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm after a bit of advice as i'm in 2 minds. My bike is at the dealers and effected and needing the work done. The problem i have is do i just tell them i want a new one ordering or just accept the fixed bike?

The thing is i am going to the tt 3rd of june and chances are i aint going to have a bike for it if i ask for a new one, plus the bike they have has heated grips which i didnt order and i only got them as they were getting this bike in first and the sales bloke sweat talked the manager into letting me have it.

Now the dealer has been 100% perfect so i dont really want to give them grief but if the option is there for a new bike should i ask for that even though i need a bike for the tt???????????

I would say that the dealer is doing everything that he has to, however if you will be directly out of pocket due to cancelling your trip then they would probably only have to compensate you but they wouldn't have to provide a new bike and they would shy away from this big time as it would open the flood gates. I'm sure they will get it done in time but I wouldn't be paying for the 600 mile service again thats for sure.

I havent taken delivery yey just left a deposit and ordered a bike which is now at the dealers. I havent been riding round on a new bike then having to take it back to get fixed.

Yeah i know, i'm just a bit worried the parts wont turn up in time to fix me bike cause i am away on the 3rd of june to the tt so need me bike done by then. Just thinking maybe they could get me a bike delivered before then. Suppose the best thing to do is speak to them tomorrow and see what they say. Me heads done in with it all now i just want me bike lol

Am really annoyed at moment, was ok with the fact my bike needs the work doing, but have been told it won't be till end of may! Which means I will miss my track day at silverstone on the 7th, have booked tickets for wsbk for the weekend where me and many friend are riding to and was going to practice week at the tt which all now appears I can't do! My dealer is trying to come up with a solution but they are pretty tied by BMW so not holding my breath.

I bet you are, thats properly putting a damper on your plans. I am off to the TT and i'm bricking it that i wont have a bike for that but i am going to give them a bell and see if they have a plan if my bike wont be fixed in time.

Good news for me, just got off the phone to them and they have ordered me a new one and it will be here in 3 weeks so all should be good for having one for the tt and bonus of not having a bike thats been stripped out of the factory.

Hi all, just got back from 1st service were dealer(chester) confirmed bike will be recalled ! 3/4 weeks before parts are in & work will be carried out .Bit vague on the exact problem & can still use bike ,though i`m not over-keen !
Was told this affects 99.9% of 2012 models made before april 10th.I`m not to bothered as busy 1st few weeks of may ,any longer & be right p...ed off !
Due to the inconvenience hoping bm might make goodwill gesture free next service ? but doubt it !

Still no word on specific vin range affected?
Bit concerned that is a wide range of dates of manufacure affected by this, so could be a 2011 or 2012 dated model......

Hi Guys I have a march 2011 model no problems, just read the MCN which came
out on wednesday and you guys will think yes I have bought the the best sports bike even
with the problem which you know will be put right. to BMW's high standard :) :)

Alps Pacino link=topic=747.msg7261#msg7261 date=1335462211 said:
I'm after a bit of advice as i'm in 2 minds. My bike is at the dealers and effected and needing the work done. The problem i have is do i just tell them i want a new one ordering or just accept the fixed bike?

The thing is i am going to the tt 3rd of june and chances are i aint going to have a bike for it if i ask for a new one, plus the bike they have has heated grips which i didnt order and i only got them as they were getting this bike in first and the sales bloke sweat talked the manager into letting me have it.

Now the dealer has been 100% perfect so i dont really want to give them grief but if the option is there for a new bike should i ask for that even though i need a bike for the tt???????????

picked mine up today from dealers...had ordered the Motorsport colour but in stock was effected VIN, got Red / White as originally was in two minds..... Dealer has been amazing throughout!!! i'd ask for a new bike imo should be able to source you one from another dealers in the UK as my dealer was going to source me a motorsport 'uneffected' one if possible.. apparently (and sorry if repeating info) is x3wk wait for new bolt kits to arrive and circa 8hrs to strip down, fix/modify and rebuild....not the sort of thing i would be happy to have done to a new bike, especially when its just cost just over Panigale ABS money!!!!

i was in the same situation....off to the TT on 3rd June so kinda needed the bike, run it in, kit it out with Ventura luggage etc

btw what luggage was you thinking of fitting to yours (if any?)

Yeah i opted for a new one from germany as it would take exactly the same time to get a new one than it would to fix the one they had for me so a no brainer really.

As for luggage i am going to use a kriega r35 backpack and might stick my kriega tailpack on with just me trainers in if i need the extra room.

hi guys, can anyone on here get a list of the affected vin no"s, picked my bike up on 30th march, done 240miles to date but there is no way i am riding my bike any further until i have it in concrete that my bike is not affected or my dealer has the courtesy to contact me to say the con rod bolts need to be replaced. i have heard nothing from them to say there is a problem.i just cannot see the sense in destroying a perfectly good engine just for the sake of some bolts that need replacing, if the casings have to be split then so be it, im sure the technicians are more than capable of carrying out the task. reading on here that your dealer is telling you to carry on riding your bikes, i find that quite worrying. this bike is my second s1000rr, the first being a 2010 model, grin factor 10 for 2 years, new model for 3 weeks before finding out on a forum about this problem.
totally cheesed off the dealer did not contact me, but there is still no way im going to swap this bike for anything else thats on the market. hope everything works out for the rest of you guys with this problem.

why not ring your dealer and ask them if they have the vins which they should have. Maybe go and get your vin number and give them it and ask them to check it which should only take 5 mins if they have the paper work handy.

converted link=topic=747.msg7341#msg7341 date=1335727666 said:
hi guys, can anyone on here get a list of the affected vin no"s, picked my bike up on 30th march, done 240miles to date but there is no way i am riding my bike any further until i have it in concrete that my bike is not affected or my dealer has the courtesy to contact me to say the con rod bolts need to be replaced. i have heard nothing from them to say there is a problem.i just cannot see the sense in destroying a perfectly good engine just for the sake of some bolts that need replacing, if the casings have to be split then so be it, im sure the technicians are more than capable of carrying out the task. reading on here that your dealer is telling you to carry on riding your bikes, i find that quite worrying. this bike is my second s1000rr, the first being a 2010 model, grin factor 10 for 2 years, new model for 3 weeks before finding out on a forum about this problem.
totally cheesed off the dealer did not contact me, but there is still no way im going to swap this bike for anything else thats on the market. hope everything works out for the rest of you guys with this problem.

def best speak to your Dealer but i grabbed the below off the german S1000RR FORUM

IceAge wrote:
Info for all the alarm it is!

Dear Distributors,
We would like to inform you that all the S 1000 RR from the VIN Z033365 can be delivered to customers.

For all vehicles that are still blocked and the extradition of the Stop subject during the coming week is an appropriate subject information published.

WELL THATS HOW IT TRANSLATED ANYWAYS

makes sense as mine i just got yesterday is ending VIN Z033598

hope this helps!! and fingers crossed for ya bud

i went down to allan jeffries yesterday to pick up my new gloves and the parts manager told me the kits come in around about the 15th he also told me the kits have over 30 parts to them some of them will be gaskets and oil filter though

mines been recalled, only 6 weeks old. waiting for the parts. if someone made me a decent offer id sell it. over 14k and it sounds like a bag of spanners on tick over, then needs to be recalled and have the engine taken out and fixed. should have bought something else. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Latest posts

Back