s1000rr reliability issues?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r25sti

Reaction score
just out of interest what reliability problems have people had with there gen 3 bikes? there's another thread in which i asked this as its suggested on the thread that there unreliable.

i had a clutch switch fail but didn't stop me riding it.

Reliability

I've had no issues with reliability on my 2015 S1000RR even after 5,000+ track miles.

just out of interest what reliability problems have people had with there gen 3 bikes? there's another thread in which i asked this as its suggested on the thread that there unreliable.

i had a clutch switch fail but didn't stop me riding it.

No issues with my 64 plater from new

Nothing major just a new engine at 4000 miles, bmw dealt with it very well though

Jeez...don't even get me started.....i had a Friday afternoon bike! ...not even BMW could fix it :concern:

Too scared to jinx it...... 6700 miles on my 2016 from new.... no issues other than it waaaaaay to fast for me, but I'm riding it every day to and from work and some playing at the weekends, and i'm still learning :)

Although, today being -3 it did think for a split second before waking up the dead :biggrin-new:

No major issues , just a couple of sets of cush drives and a crappy chain

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

True 'dat...guess we can rule out the switchgear thing too as I don't think they suffered?

I rejected my first 2015 bike after a fork leg dropped its oil and a couple of little asembley issues i found (Friday afternoon job) but I've had no problems with its replacement now on 9000 miles

I have a reliability issue

The s1k reliably makes me smile! Except when its this cold and its sat in the garage...

Would be interested to know about your new engine at 4k miles?

Latest posts

Back