S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally if mine was due it?s first service and I was still riding it (personally I think that would be stupid because if you crashed you?d be put on a ward full of corona virus positive people), then I?d change my oil and filter at 600 miles. 1200 miles is toooooo long. J

Yeah, I'm just sharing this in case someone is in this current scenario and happens to be a key worker, then at least they won't have any warranty issues.

think my dealer is still servicing key workers bikes only. ive been training as a lock smith the last week.lol no but really they have.:)

True I hadn?t thought about key workers. I live near a long straight on the A3 and sitting out in the back garden yesterday, there was an awful lot of key workers flat out in 6th gear going to work on a Sunday. ?

True I hadn?t thought about key workers. I live near a long straight on the A3 and sitting out in the back garden yesterday, there was an awful lot of key workers flat out in 6th gear going to work on a Sunday. ?

Yep, there's a nice long straight dual carriageway down the hill from us, and whilst out in the garden yesterday, like you, I could hear the bikes and it sounded like a race track. They must have been in a hurry/emergency lol

Joking aside, my work colleague's husband is a key worker (School IT Technician) and he's a biker. So he's been riding to work everyday without any issues in getting pulled over by Police. He has to ensure all the IT systems are up and running to allow pupils and teachers to log on the systems for home schooling.

Personally if mine was due it?s first service and I was still riding it (personally I think that would be stupid because if you crashed you?d be put on a ward full of corona virus positive people), then I?d change my oil and filter at 600 miles. 1200 miles is toooooo long. J

You do know that all corona virus people are kept in their own wards, thats why there is such an issue in the hospitals as they're taking up all the ICU's. The other wards are actually very quiet.

Still doesn't mean I condone people going out on their bikes though, its doing my head in not being able to go out on mine. Especially as fuel is so cheap

Err, not down in London or the south east. Many BBC, ITV etc London news VT?s complaining about people coming in from even old people?s homes being put in corridors, wards with CV + people. Not enough space.

Im in liverpool, in fact i'm 2 mins from Whiston Hospital, spoke to a few people now, most other wards here are not full, Lady I know had to take her son to Alder hey last week as he broke his collar bone, every ward bar the ICU was ok, its the ICU thats overcrowded up here, they're talking about opening up the other wards to put people in there to isolate.

Very strange situation to be in at the moment. Hopefully though we will see the peak or have seen the peak and things will start to go down. I still believe personally that most of us will get it and won't even know about it as our immune systems are stronger than others. Hard not seeing family for so long though

Rich... cotswold anticipates May.... if I hear any sooner ill keep u posted

Last edited:
Fingers crossed bearing in mind that the released figures are a few days behind, the last 2 days has seen a slow reduction of deaths but we need another few weeks to prove the reduction. J

Last edited:
Fingers crossed bearing in mind that the released figures are a few days behind, the last 2 days has seen a slow reduction of deaths but we need another few weeks to prove the reduction. ????

Yes, some positive signs over the last couple of days, let's hope that positive trend continues and people behave themselves. We're supposed to hit the peak by Easter weekend and then hopefully we've got over the worst of it. Everything crossed.

Hopefully we?ve already reached the peak. It?s the only time I wish the weather was crap across the UK as it would keep everyone in. If you have Sky watch Sky News ?into the red zone?. It should be shown to all adults in the UK. Reality of the virus.

Last edited:
As promised earlier, better photo with DSLR :D

First service done today just before 1000 km in one and half weeks :) now the odometer is reading 1,037 km so all restrictions are off :race2_smilie:

2020-04-15-20-08.jpg

I still wouldn?t bank your hopes guys. I still reckon we won?t be riding before September, I just want to be proved wrong.

I still wouldn?t bank your hopes guys. I still reckon we won?t be riding before September, I just want to be proved wrong.

I?m not sure the British public will prove amenable to that long in lockdown plus like servicing of planes, they?ll service them to a point but once deaths/law suits are cheaper, they stop. Ie deaths will be worth less than getting the country off it?s arse. Business wise the country would never recover from that long out of action. I think restrictions will start to be lifted in June particularly business with social distancing/testing playing a big role and by August allowing restaurants etc. Spain?s stopped tourism till 2021 so that?s screwed 4 Motogp races. Do I don?t think we?ll see much racing.

I?m already seeing more traffic and more people out and about. People are getting a bit blas? already. IMHO

Last edited:
Well that?s me in situation now.... my allocated reg hasn?t been registered yet.... if sept is the case I may hang on for a 70 lol

Latest posts

Back