S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping that the oil cooler and leaking brakes are sorted on the main line before I take delivery.....if not dealers got 3 weeks to pull a finger...lol

Out of curiosity Soof....how many miles has yours done?

Last edited:
hi guys im picking my bike up on sat from barhnstormers, how or what is the best way to use tie downs,ie turn ignition on and then pull like f..k or don't turn the ignition,ive never strapped a bike down with electronic suspension before,the bike will be in a van,with no front wheel chuck, just on the side stand,

hi guys im picking my bike up on sat from barhnstormers, how or what is the best way to use tie downs,ie turn ignition on and then pull like f..k or don't turn the ignition,ive never strapped a bike down with electronic suspension before,the bike will be in a van,with no front wheel chuck, just on the side stand,
Gen3 was electrics on to allow the suspension to move.

Nose wheel chock and a strap from each side of the sub frame pulling it forwards and down should do it.

- Alex

cheers alex so ign on,i was going to strap it down from the forks but you recommend from the sub frame,i would never have thought of that,:purplebananna:

Be careful with your paint but yes you want to pull the bike into the chock whilst simultaneously keeping the bike on the deck. Obvs thats minimum, you can add others.

I put the chock central, then strap through front and side eye loops on the van, on the left and right creating triangles of straps.

Can't find a pic...but you get the idea

- Alex

Not 10 days, but picked mine up in Feb and it came with the Metzeler RACETEC RR.

Last edited:
Lol what ones do you want then r25sti??

ideally this time of year and needing to run in then the m7rr or the newer m9rr's would be good. :) i didnt like the power RS+'s even whan it was warm last summer. Too much movmewnt for my liking. wallowed about and made the road feel like it was wet and slippy even in the dry. :)

I thought the latest batch of bikes had been sorted for leaking brakes,guess not,im picking mine up on sat I will not be a happy bunny if there leaking,the bike will be staying there,as its a 240ml round trip,

I thought the latest batch of bikes had been sorted for leaking brakes,guess not,im picking mine up on sat I will not be a happy bunny if there leaking,the bike will be staying there,as its a 240ml round trip,

no

My bike was scheduled for week 15 (2nd week in April).... Had a call today from dealer and it should be here next week!!!! How did that happen... Now need to sell my 2015 D675r rapidly...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I liked my power rs?s :)
A very random question did you used to post on Scoobynet as r25sti? I think a blue type r or similar? If so I think our bikes might be coming from the same dealer as we are the same location roughly. And if yours has been delivered mine might have been too :)

Back