S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up my Sport yesterday (Saturday) from Bahnstomer Maidenhead. Was delivered to the dealer on Monday, was a little bit of miscommunication regarding the oil breather recall, but not a probelm for me as I wasn't going to pick it up until yesterday anyway. Spent most of the day fitting the tarty bits - M levers, M rearsets, BMW rad guards, BMW* TFT screen protector, M chain tensioner, BMW tank pad, techspec snakeskin tank grips, R&G aero crash bungs and R&G paddock stand bobbins.

* Other TFT screen protectors are available for significantly less, but the BMW one says "BMW Motorrad" on it, and with staff discount the price wasn't all that painful.

Pictures please, or it didn’t happen. :)

There seems to be a bit more of a supply of bikes coming through now?

We have 2 customer M-Sports in the showroom. IIRC they were delivered a couple of days either side of mine and AIUI we hadn't had any customer 2019 S1000RRs delivered before this - so based on a sample size of 3, they seem to be flowing now.

For a plant like bmw that makes up to 800 a day..... they just needed to make 40 RR’s a day just to put demand and supply in order.
There were other things behind those delays. I still say the wheels are the bottleneck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very nice mate! Congratulations!!! M rear sets or Gilles tooling rear sets? What do you reckon? I’m undecided

I’ve got the Gilles, they’re proper nice and well worth considering.

Nice Andy. Shame they don't do Red inserts for the M bits to match the bike. Blue is a bit jarring aesthetically. But it's a small issue and one that won't impact the ride!

Nice Andy. Shame they don't do Red inserts for the M bits to match the bike. Blue is a bit jarring aesthetically. But it's a small issue and one that won't impact the ride!

You're not wrong. However, in my mind, despite clearly being designed for the M-Sport with its motorsport colour scheme, it's the BMW part and therefore looks as it should/as BMW intended. Given a choice, I would have had the blue bits in black. Not sure that I would want anodised red though.

very nice mate! Congratulations!!! M rear sets or Gilles tooling rear sets? What do you reckon? I’m undecided

AIUI, the M resar sets can be adjusted lower as well as higher, and the gilles ones can't (even though they're both made by gilles). As a primarily road rider who tours on a sports bike, that was a major factor for me. Also staff discount on the BMW rear sets cancelling out much of the price difference and ease of ordering (just ask the parts bloke on my way to the coffee machine) were factors in my decision which might not apply to you.

AIUI, the M resar sets can be adjusted lower as well as higher, and the gilles ones can't (even though they're both made by gilles). As a primarily road rider who tours on a sports bike, that was a major factor for me. Also staff discount on the BMW rear sets cancelling out much of the price difference and ease of ordering (just ask the parts bloke on my way to the coffee machine) were factors in my decision which might not apply to you.

I’m only 5’ 6” and being a racing cyclist the standard pegs made the bike feel like a Pan European! The best price I could get for the M rearsets was £650 and I wasn’t too keen on the blue anodising so I went to Calsport and got a deal for an Akra and the black Gilles, ended up paying below £400 for the pegs so I was happy, then even happier when they arrived and I saw how nice they were.

I’m only 5’ 6” and being a racing cyclist the standard pegs made the bike feel like a Pan European! The best price I could get for the M rearsets was £650 and I wasn’t too keen on the blue anodising so I went to Calsport and got a deal for an Akra and the black Gilles, ended up paying below £400 for the pegs so I was happy, then even happier when they arrived and I saw how nice they were.

Where did you find the M rearsets for £650?

I asked my dealer how much the rearsets were, he reckoned £1,000. I then picked myself off the floor. Surely they'd be half that? J

The list price for the M rear sets I was given is £761, M levers are £326.

Also the rear M carbon hugger, on its own, is £631!!

I think those prices are net (without VAT)

With VAT £916 & £354 for levers

Carbon rear hugger £657

I think those prices are net (without VAT)

With VAT £916 & £354 for levers

Carbon rear hugger £657

Well if thats the case then my dealer has just stiffed me. Those are the prices he gave me and what I've ordered against. If he comes back to say he forgot to add vat (to all the bits I've ordered) I wont be too happy!

Well if thats the case then my dealer has just stiffed me. Those are the prices he gave me and what I've ordered against. If he comes back to say he forgot to add vat (to all the bits I've ordered) I wont be too happy!

Which dealer are you using?

Latest posts

Back