S1000RR Gen 4 Delivery Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far I’m aware the £500 offer’s open to everyone who’s suffered a delay to their originally stated delivery. At some point I guess dealers started to take orders without a clear delivery date being given to the customer, so in this case it’s probably worth individuals checking with customer services.
Correct. That being said, I've never heard of orders placed after 2018 that were eligible for this offer.

Correct. That being said, I've never heard of orders placed after 2018 that were eligible for this offer.

Ordered mine in Feb this year, then got the £500 based on June 6th turning into July 30th.

May also help others to know that my supplying dealer’s based in Northampton whereas my local dealer is Chester, so I had to get the £500 transferred by customer services, who also stood the additional £50 cost of getting the 1st service done by the non-supplying dealer. I know a good deal of people on this forum are brassed off with the Bavarians at the moment but I can’t fault how they dealt with this issue.

Ordered mine in Feb this year, then got the £500 based on June 6th turning into July 30th.

May also help others to know that my supplying dealer’s based in Northampton whereas my local dealer is Chester, so I had to get the £500 transferred by customer services, who also stood the additional £50 cost of getting the 1st service done by the non-supplying dealer. I know a good deal of people on this forum are brassed off with the Bavarians at the moment but I can’t fault how they dealt with this issue.

Thanks for the info, is the first service free of charge?

Thanks for the info, is the first service free of charge?

Unfortunately not. Supplying dealer subsidised the cost to £100, but my local dealer wanted £175 because I hadn’t bought it from them, they then agreed to drop to £150, so BMW paid the additional £50 so that I wasn’t out of pocket.

Just been told today by supplying dealer that bike must be ordered prior to June 19 in order to receive £500 voucher.

As I’ve managed to secure a cancelled order with delivery date of mid October, been told I’m not entitled to £500 voucher even though the bike must have been ordered prior to June.

Just been told today by supplying dealer that bike must be ordered prior to June 19 in order to receive £500 voucher.

As I’ve managed to secure a cancelled order with delivery date of mid October, been told I’m not entitled to £500 voucher even though the bike must have been ordered prior to June.

Seems fair. Your order is your order. Its your discount not the bikes.

Seems fair. Your order is your order. Its your discount not the bikes.

Yes totally agree, however was hoping that I could have had the £500 voucher to offset again a full Akra system and other extras as the bike was ordered prior to June however not a deal breaker.

I was of the understanding everyone who put an order in a year ago when the Gen 4 was first announced was offered the option of a temporary loan bike but I've not seen any others? Did anyone get here get offered one??

I was of the understanding everyone who put an order in a year ago when the Gen 4 was first announced was offered the option of a temporary loan bike but I've not seen any others? Did anyone get here get offered one??

It was £500 or the loan bike, I got offered either/or but had another bike in the garage so I took the money. :)

Long story short, I was loaned an S1000r demo bike from my dealer in July, it was supposed to be for a couple of weeks as BMW were supposed to be sorting a brand new s1000r for me to use until my gen4 turned up. I've still got the demo bike as the new loan bike from BMW still hasn't materialised but I'm obviously not bothered as I've still got a bike to use.
Got to say the s1000r is a cracking bike, I wouldn't have one over the RR but I've enjoyed trying a bike I wouldn't normally ride.

Ah ok thanks. Its a nice way to experience something different without taking a cash hit.

I was offered the loan bike or £500 from the dealer but my bike ended up appearing in June as promised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered in August 2019.
Production scheduled week 40.
It arrived just on week 39. A day after it crosses border I have it.
Can’t be more happy now.

This is in Switzerland sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up my Sport yesterday (Saturday) from Bahnstomer Maidenhead. Was delivered to the dealer on Monday, was a little bit of miscommunication regarding the oil breather recall, but not a probelm for me as I wasn't going to pick it up until yesterday anyway. Spent most of the day fitting the tarty bits - M levers, M rearsets, BMW rad guards, BMW* TFT screen protector, M chain tensioner, BMW tank pad, techspec snakeskin tank grips, R&G aero crash bungs and R&G paddock stand bobbins.

* Other TFT screen protectors are available for significantly less, but the BMW one says "BMW Motorrad" on it, and with staff discount the price wasn't all that painful.

There seems to be a bit more of a supply of bikes coming through now?

Latest posts

Back