S1000r

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maplesyrup

Reaction score
I rode the S1000R Sport today and loved it, I may be trading my RR in for one in the spring.

The throttle response was crisper than my RR the on the fly suspension adjustment was amazing and the riding position was spot on, I rode for most of the time with the Dynamic map and Hard suspension setting but it was nice to be able to set it to Normal or Soft on the few "boring" stretches.

Perhaps I should try an HP4 :)

Anyone else had a ride on one?

I have, BMW gave me one for 4 hours. Loved it most fun had on a bike in a long while, but was not without its poor points.

I seem to dislike the very two points you liked. The throttle response felt delayed (BMW comfirmed it is slightly, abit like Rain mode for the RR) and the DDC was amazing at below 70, but when pushing it above that in the corners, it just didn't offer enough rebound to keep bike planted (agreed, the bike isn't built for that but as its basically an RR, i knew it could do it)

I have since had conversations about the DDC and it is different than the HP4 DDC. The HP4 DDC has sensors front and rear, the R just rear and front takes it info from rear sensor, which means the front is always milliseconds behind what has happened. The HP4 DDC is set with stiffer rebound settings and can do 100 rebound changes a second, that number is reduced on the R. Dealer said it's solely because the HP4 is flagship bike and didn't want to make the R suspension as good as the HP4.

Ride position was bang on, and that nifty electronic cruise control was great (only ever used old crude cruise control's in before that just clamped throttle in place).

The front became very light at 100mph and i had to back off at 138mph because it was shaking more than a salsa dancer

it was "La Voie A4136".

Only person I put at risk was myself Banana, there's a 1/2 mile stretch on the 4136 with no turn ons/off, straight and you can see entire length of road. I was only one on it.

Its also a little cheaper then the HP4 ,
I would imagine 140 with no fairing being a bit wank :(

Had a test ride on one and the engine surprised me to be honest. A lot more bottom end grunt from the motor and it would pop and crackle on the overrun! The seating position was fine, although weirdly the standard seat was less comfy than my RR's seat. I've always been a fan of sports bikes and bikes with fairings, so not sure if I'd ever own a bike like this but a cracking bike nevertheless! And wish you could've spec'd the cruise control on the RR's!

Latest posts

Back