Running temperature

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GixxerChuck

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
Just spoke to my dealer about running temperature as I saw 115 on it today.
I phoned and asked how hot do they run and they told me up to 110 but could go to 115 in this weather in traffic.
Anyone else anywhere near this? Wondering if the rad guards are preventing air flow and retaining heat.

Not seen that before, only 109 after switch off heatsoak. Bet the frame is toasty!
Boiling point is raised due to pressure so as long as the rad cap is working you should be ok.

- Sent from Mobile

Running Temperature

I've seen 100?C+ when stationary in pitlane a few times but the coolant temperature soon drops again once moving. I have noticed a reduction in running temperature since fitting an alpha Racing (Samco) hose kit this season and my radiator guard has had absolutely no affect on cooling or caused any overheating issues.

I cannot get this cooler running from Samco hoses business. Do these silicone hoses have; better thermal loss properties? Do they have more volume?
As far as I was aware, coming from the Supra highly turbo-charged world the best they could offer was being a pretty colour...but I guess the smaller system on a bike might see more variance in temperature from minor changes.

- Sent from Mobile

It's generally accepted that Samco hoses do help with cooler running, you could also try water wetter, that's designed to aid cooling. With regards to the radiator guards, if you were in traffic there would have been no airflow for them to get in the way of anyway so I wouldn't worry about them.

I don't accept the internet said so as fact.
What are their precise thermal rejection characteristics which make them better than rubber hose?
Next explain how a 1decC drop is worth the cost? Its not like these manufacturers went, ahh f*** it lets go with the cooling system that doesn't work if the ambient temp goes over 30...
Same for water wetter and its 'smaller molecules' to make thermal rejection betterer what a faff. Diminishing returns for a problem that doesn't exist. I'm fairly sure if we worked in Fahrenheit we wouldn't bat an eyelid to triple digit numbers.

- Sent from Mobile

Hi, I had asked same question, my BMW heats up quickly, whilst in traffic or starting to slow down entering a village, my previous bike a Blade, didn't heat up as quickly

yesterday (hottest day of the year) i saw 107 pre fans... then settles around 99/100. After sitting trapped behind a bus jam for a couple of mins..

Hi, I had asked same question, my BMW heats up quickly, whilst in traffic or starting to slow down entering a village, my previous bike a Blade, didn't heat up as quickly

Both my blades didn't heat up nearly as quickly, dealer fitted my rad guard on my pdi but said he'd had word from BMW hierarchy not too as it would invalidate the warranty. They said if I had to bring it back due to overheating they'd need to see it without the guards. Needless to say living in Scotland that's not really an issue !

On Weds my temp rose to 133C which then lead to me waiting for 7.5hrs to be recovered by the RAC. I'm hoping it's either the thermostat or water pump that's fooked. 🙏🏻 Fingers crossed.

Back