Rough power

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_maz

Reaction score
What kind of power would you expect to be getting form a 2010 with full akra, PC 5 and map? Or are do they all vary a lot?

Have you guys got these mod's? Or just with what you have heard and seen?

RWHP or extrapolated CHP (rear wheel/crank) will depend on the dyno.

It should make high 190's CHP. Maybe breech 200. Depends how healthy it is to start with.

mine is 2010, full akra, long carbon can, PCV with auto tune (not active), K&N filter, mapped by Steve Jordans; my gixxer thou k6 made 165 and K8 176 ( both with can, filter and map) on the same dyno. It was 188 with the mods before mapping.

Yeah well it's the short akra system this one has.
Take it the bike jst ran healthier and smoother with the map and showing less power?

Ar and decat pc5 and custom map. Mine 189

difficult to say, it is not often you can really use all the power, it felt fine when I got it (10,000 miles), had the mapping done not long afterwards, also fitted QA throttle, so it's just what I've got used to nearly 2 years and 9000 miles later.
Yeah well it's the short akra system this one has.
Take it the bike jst ran healthier and smoother with the map and showing less power?

Short systems are not more powerful, in fact they can remove power by not being a 'tuned' length. Basically, it will achieve what it will achieve.

As others have said,dyno's all vary-but so do some of the bikes!
As a comparison,I had an early light crank 2010 which made 203 with full akra,pcv and full mapping whilst the later 2010-on heavy crank made 190 with same system,pcv and full mapping on the same dyno.This one made 178 as std on two dyno's.
2012 with full system,pcv and full mapping made 203 on the same dyno.
HP4 with decat and pcv made 201bhp.

Some interesting figures there. Hopefully be able to find out soon, heading down south to look at the bike just now.

Latest posts

Back