Rotten Egg Smell under seat cowl

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

Reaction score
So, I have just got back from a ride this evening. Got home, opened the side gate and then hear a high pitched noise from under the seat. I then try and started the bike, lights all turn on however it does not turn over. So push it through the gate and into the garage to then have the foulest of smell, like rotten egg smelling. A little more investigating and the noise and smell are coming from under the rear seat..... anyone come across this issue before?

Thanks.

Sorry, I think this has posted in the wrong section...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
dead battery, battery's smell like this when buggered.

It's only been a year.... bike has a factory alarm and tracker....

If it is the battery, where can I pick one up tomorrow around S. London?

If you kick off enough how the bike has let you down and interrupted your plans with BMW customer services, I find that most things are under warranty or compensatable!

So, I called BMW Roadside assistance.... arranged for a 12:00 noon appointment at home.... got a text message and call at 11:40 saying that he will be here shortly... 11:58. Ding dong..... he tested the battery....

24ec7fa9149f82728c5b2d43f2128619.jpg

It was as dead as.....

Called a few places and none had them in stock.... it would have been Monday 08:00 until he could get his hands on one.... :-(

However, I called Bahnstormer (50miles away) and they had one.... he could not go that far as outside of his coverage, however, they said that if I took the bike there, they would sort it out under warranty.... happy days.... got geared up and he jump started the bike..

Bike was on the ramp as soon was in and out within the hour...I cheeky asked if they would fit my rear pads ( still not got a 34mil socket) .... did them FOC.... thanks Bahnstormer

6e14d2643ec3c062d4beb939a47571f3.jpg

Latest posts

Back