Rh switch gear not working

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickruss1

Reaction score
Not been on the bike for 6 months. Started the bike a few times over winter not a problem went to start the bike last week and everything looked normal pressed the start button nothing. Called bmw east kilbribe my local dealer they told me from December last year bmw have stopped fitting the switch gear foc. So had to send pics of my bikes history and where it was bought they have sent the pics to bmw. They got back to me today saying as a gd will gesture the they will fit the switch foc as long as I get the bike serviced when it's in 😂 I was going to ask them to do it anyway when it was there so if anyone has had the problem recently can they let me no what the dealer said thx

How do u know it's the switch gear?
as I leave mine more than a couple of weeks without being on optimate
i push start button and get nothing
i charge it for a couple of hours and it's fine

I checked the batter with a battery tester. But still gave it a 24 hour charge still nothing and I spoke to the guy at bmw Over the phone he went through a few things with me and he said to me it would be the switch gear

I didn't mean to annoy but as I had similar prob ,I thought it might be that glad u getting it sorted
switch gear seems the weak point on these bikes

cheeky bastards! basically making you pay for a service so they will fit FOC. I thought because this is a known / common fault they were being replaced as and when required........ FOC

This can't be right, lots of us have had the same problem so it's a poor maufacturer problem so how can they decide they are no longer going to fix it foc.

I'd just demand either they sort it out and BMW pick up the bill or small claims BMW for failing to provide something which is merchantable quality, you can point out the number on here who have had problems and other manufacturers which do not suffer the same switch gear issues on bikes of similar ages.

The way BMW handled it when mine failed last year is enough for me to think long and hard if I would buy another BMW when I come to change. As they say it's the small things you remember and I certainly remember being stranded on Easter Sunday when the bike cut out at 75 mph on the outside lane of a motorway!

I though the same thing cheeky bastards I told them there was lots of people on the form who had it done foc. And his reply was oh they stopped fitting them foc from December 2015 there should really be. Recall on them it's a joke

Is there anyone that work for Bmw on this site?
maybe they can tell Bmw how annoyed we are about there inadequate switch gear
it's sad as th rest of the bike seems good

Latest posts

Back