removable baffle for ar22 any ideas?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dewi81

Reaction score
Hi guys, its looking like I need a baffle for my exhaust as its a bit loud for track days. Any ideas where best to get one for this austin racing ar22 system?

792a8a7a-3cb7-4d32-9e94-fbf1204e57ef_zps6da451f2.jpg

20130321_134044_zps382cff75.jpg

20130321_134049_zps895ff3c3.jpg

20130322_203851_zpsb3b3e0cf.jpg

20130322_203901_zps7ef5ad98.jpg

Excuse the stinking dirty bike... pics taken after a good run!

Cheers

Pm me your addy I have a few that will fit it
I don't need them , it's still loud with them though

Last edited:
I can't see a bolt though, don't forget u might have to drill a hole somewhere so it doesn't come out the back!

On my ultimate i drilled out the rivets on outside and took out the end cap. Mated up the baffle and drilled through them both while they were together. You need to get a nut tacked on the inside to take the securing bolt. Refit with new rivets. I had that baffle and a mid pipe baffle and still had trackday trouble + restricted to fook................

Austin Racing do a DB killer that is designed for the exhaust and just slips in and out as required, or am I missing something ?

Davy

Last edited:
I can't see a bolt though, don't forget u might have to drill a hole somewhere so it doesn't come out the back!
I was thinking the same about no bolt inside...

On my ultimate i drilled out the rivets on outside and took out the end cap. Mated up the baffle and drilled through them both while they were together. You need to get a nut tacked on the inside to take the securing bolt. Refit with new rivets. I had that baffle and a mid pipe baffle and still had trackday trouble + restricted to fook................
Oh shit! My drill is a little dusty and I dont fancy carving up an exhaust on my beginners lesson!

Austin Racing do a DB killer that is designed for the exhaust and just slips in and out as required, or am I missing something ?

Davy
Would certainly prefer slip in and out one!

Why dont you make life eaiser for ya self.

How to contact us.
[h=1]FOR SALES PLEASE CONTACT:[/h][h=1][email protected][/h][h=1]FOR SUPPORT PLEASE CONTACT:[/h][h=1][email protected][/h][h=1]TELE: 07900 390837[/h]
[h=1]VISITORS: STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY THANK YOU PLEASE CALL: 07900 390837[/h]

Why dont you make life eaiser for ya self.

How to contact us.
[h=1]FOR SALES PLEASE CONTACT:[/h][h=1][email protected][/h][h=1]FOR SUPPORT PLEASE CONTACT:[/h][h=1][email protected][/h][h=1]TELE: 07900 390837[/h]
[h=1]VISITORS: STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY THANK YOU PLEASE CALL: 07900 390837[/h]
Cheers!

It looks like an earlier one like mine was with no means of securing the baffle. Slip in and out still needs to be secured...
Does it work with sellotape?!

yeah i have had both , I had one with a captive nut , and had to drill the other which was identical to yours.
I drilled a hole underneath......which whistled with no baffle in by the way....

Incidentally , the noise was the reason me and austin parted company :(

I love the sound it makes to be fair but cant see me doing many track days without some noise reduction. Otherwise I'll have to ask my neighbours if they want to chip in for a new exhaust system! Lol

I got pulled over by the plod on my first ride out with the same can as that. Had to go after that.

Am I missing something here or do ar baffles no fit in the link pipe end???? I know this is defo the case with there rsv4 aprilia items

I was speaking to the previous owner and he's actually got one for the link pipe end so he's going to throw it my way. Cheers for the help guys...

They do indeed fit in the link pipe end, they also make one where the twat putting his probe inside the end can can't do it

Last edited:
This worked a treat at oulton yesterday
Bit of an home made job but , you can adjust it out so the restriction is less.
Could do a quiet day with a full system on it , happy days

51E82C19-11AD-40DA-8A5B-CBF9A8B25DC0-10541-0000067727BAC518_zpsb74508d1.jpg

Latest posts

Back