Rear brake.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gixernick

Adjusted the rear brake on my 2012 rr , then approx 30mile down the road , the rear brake started to bind to the point the back wheel wouldnt move and the disc was glowing orange !
Been riding bikes 30 years first time this happened, any ideas what ive done wrong ??

The adjustment is on the plunger that goes into the master cylinder, unclip it from the foot pedal for the rear brake undo the 10mm nut and then turn the plunger/clip part you have unclipped a number of turns- this will make the actuation bar longer or shorter, longer makes the pedal travel less and so more effective. then just re clip it back on the lever and tighten the 10mm nut and the travel is reduced. if you adjust it to far then you get the situation that gixernick describes.

Mine did exactly the same thing. Bled it cleaned and lubed caliper checked disc run out; nothing! I've got hp rearsets. In the end new pads but still needs lots of slack otherwise after short distance it binds.aybe abs pump / link brakes though i run slick mode most of the time. In the end gave up as don't use back much. But it is a bit crap!

Latest posts

Back