Rear bags

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazzer_1965

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase a luggage pack for the bike, what do people recommend, have been on BMW motorrad site but as usual that's just another 10 minutes of my life gone that I will never get back.

Thanks

Hahaha.

Ive got the BMW tank bag and the pillion bag for a 2013, its enough for me for two weeks at the TT. Best get them of eBay as they are quite dear if bought from a dealer, there not usually bashed up as most people don't use them that much. I think the 2015 rear will still fit the pillion bag. If you want to try mine you're more than welcome to pop over when the roads are better Dazzer.

JimmyMac

Best solution is probably the Ventura Luggage.
I'm happy enough with my Givi XS-305 for longer trips.
A one nighter at most needs the XS313 I also have :)

I cannot travel light like some. Wearing the same clothes for 2 weeks :p

Last edited:
Kriega 20 and maybe +10. Never used them on this bike but used them for 6 years on my blades. Great kit as most will agree.

Dazzer,

Check out the wunderlich tank bag for the sthou.

I have been using a kreiga 10 on the pillion seat but recently bought a BMW tail pack from another member on here.

I cannot travel light like some. Wearing the same clothes for 2 weeks :p

That made me laugh Alex, I'm currently working out routes, luggage and equipment for a Round the World trip, I've allocated a staggering 4 pairs of pants to the panniers from the off with a view to replace then when they are too brittle to continue. Lol
You are one posh fella:friendly_wink:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RpXTISw_Huw

JimmyMac

Last edited:
That made me laugh Alex, I'm currently working out routes, luggage and equipment for a Round the World trip, I've allocated a staggering 4 pairs of pants to the panniers from the off with a view to replace then when they are too brittle to continue. LolYou are one posh fella:friendly_wink:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RpXTISw_HuwJimmyMac
haha Jimmy, im with you on this one.I have got a 1000 mile trip planned around wales & southern england over a 4 night period & will be packing 1 pair of jeans.As for underwear, turn them inside out and you get 2 for 1 :).I too am looking for a pillion bag so will look at some of the ones mentioned in here.P.S Tuuuunneeee!!!!

Went on a small trip and carried clothes for about 2-3 days. Used wunderlich tank bag, a kriega 30l at the back and the 25l backpack (carrying my rain gear).
The 30l didn't even move at high speed (don't ask me how much :p). Same for the tank bag.

uc

I plan on going on a bigger trip soon so I have 2x10l bags to attach to the 30l, just in case I need more space.

That made me laugh Alex, I'm currently working out routes, luggage and equipment for a Round the World trip, I've allocated a staggering 4 pairs of pants to the panniers from the off with a view to replace then when they are too brittle to continue. Lol
You are one posh fella:friendly_wink:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RpXTISw_Huw

JimmyMac

What can I say...I'm southern ;) I tend to pack for all eventualities...I'm getting better...need to more trips on the bike to practice. I've not told Soof but I'm getting a trailer and sidecar fitted for the trip up North after Cadwell... :D

Thanks guys that's a great help,

I have been looking at the Kriega 30 + 2 10s giving me plenty of space for all my sundries, got to admit I over pack so a 4 day trip is gonna need the full 50 litres and probably a tank bag to boot...I like the look of the wunderlich tank bag Shad3.

Not having to remove the tank bag to fill up is a god send. But the next best thing is the Givi/SW-Motech quick release system.

Thanks for the offer Jimmymac,

I have a friend on here who lives not to far away who has just got a set of the BMW bags so will get a look at his, on the weather front it's feeling like a long winter...:neglected:

Latest posts

Back