Race Engineering

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J1220

Reaction score
Looking to get the suspension setup for my weight/height professionally and a Google search come up with Race Engineering.

Has anyone used them for their bike?

Thanks

Where are you based? Google is telling me that they are based in Great Dunmow, Essex?

The only people in that area that I would use for that sort of thing is Phil Seton in Colchester and MCT Suspension in Stowmarket as they are tried and tested in both club and BSB paddocks and won't take your arm with your wallet either, I also have a mate who knows his stuff that recently opened somewhere in Essex (Black Art Suspension I think he is calling the place but I suspect that is more towards the Southend on Sea or Benfleet area given where he lives).

Race Engineering did service an Ohlins damper for me once and I certainly couldn't complain about their work :)

I'm based in East London.

Will look into the other companies you mentioned.

Thanks

Isn't Sbkcity in your neck of the woods in Hessel Street?

Rhalf Lo Turco who races in British Superbikes (albeit at the back so not many may know him :D ) either works there or is the owner and he will undoubtedly make light work of just setting the bike up for you, at most it shouldn't cost more than an hour :)

SBK city is just round the corner.

On a basic suspension setup for a 2015 DDC for my weight/height what would need adjusting?

I'm not familiar with DDC yet but my understanding is that you still adjust it for sag and then everything else is handled by the DDC settings.

Hm are now in edenbridge and have moved to behind the petrol station at northend of town near trainstation

I have used Race Engineering in Dunmow for suspension set up and other work. Always been very pleased with what they have done for me. They set the suspension on my ZX10R and it was a big improvement on stock.

Just got back from Prime Factors Racing - Redhill Surrey to have the suspension setup.

They race S1000RR and know what's to be known about these bikes. They currently had 3/4 customer S1000RR for race prep.

Both the guys working there are Ex BMW Technicians from Park Lane and took approx. 10mins to setup the suspension and a huge difference it has made.

I would highly recommend these chaps - Excellent customer service.

Michael Neeves from MCN is using their bike to race in Thundersport GP1

Latest posts

Back