Blue box RCK 3 HP race

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rinoc16

Reaction score
Hi,
I've an S1000RR from 2016 with HP race RCK3 ecu on it.
I miss the Blue box Bosch VDI connection
Do you have an idea how I can manage to set my bike without it? or Maybe is someone selle it?
Thanks for you help

you can set it up without it, but need someone that can get into the s/w, phil crowe can do it in the UK. they are discontinued now, so cant buy new, they do come up on ebay/FB from time to time (theres 1 on FB now as it happens) but are getting silly expensive due to scarcity. are you sure it's been unlocked? i've known plenty think it has, 'cause they've been told, but hasn't actually been unlocked.

easiest way to tell if it's unlocked is if you dont have the "user" option on the rider modes

Thanks mate for your reply.
Yes I should be unlocked.
I'm struggling with throttle calibration and gears leaning .... Without the interface I don't know how to get it done.
I will try to get in touch with Phil Crowe, do you maybe know how/where I can find him?
Yes prices are crazy.... I can not afford it on Ebay it's like 2500$ usd.

Anyway thanks for your help

theottle calibration can be done with a gs911 unit, as can a lot of the fault finding/fixing, but cant do anything regarding tuning. you can also doa manual throttklel calibration, without any other device connected. ignition on, open throttle fully for a fw seconds, close throttle fully, turn off ignition, then turn backon, thats the sequence the gs911 and rck units use, i've calibrated quite few throttles doing that process, with using either units.
not sure what you mean about "gear leaning"?

all the rck will allow you do is optimise your traction control for your specific tyre sizes, engine brake stages, and anti wheelie stages,(and of course fuel + ignition mapping) unless you feel your stuggling with the set up you have,(barring what your saying) then it's a whole lot of money to spend for minmal gain in the rel world, unless of course your a top end club racer, not just a fast group wannabe like me :)

Great! I will try GS911.
Thanks for the Throttle calibration I will do as you says.
Reguarding the "gear box learnig", I was told that the bike as to learn the 1first gear to the 6th in order to set correctly the shifter up and down. Maybe it can be done with the GS911 also?
Ok fo Phil Crowe I will google him.

And yes you're right, I'm not a top rider, and I won't use 100% of the RCK settings, but I was looking for a "better" TC management and it seams that RCK have a way better TC management than the stock one.

Again thanks for yo help

The Motoscan Ultimate app with a OBD module will reset your throttle, gearbox etc for a 1/3 of the cost of a GS-911.

Great! I will try GS911.
Thanks for the Throttle calibration I will do as you says.
Reguarding the "gear box learnig", I was told that the bike as to learn the 1first gear to the 6th in order to set correctly the shifter up and down. Maybe it can be done with the GS911 also?
Ok fo Phil Crowe I will google him.

And yes you're right, I'm not a top rider, and I won't use 100% of the RCK settings, but I was looking for a "better" TC management and it seams that RCK have a way better TC management than the stock one.

Again thanks for yo help
sorry, read it as gear leaning, not learning. tbh unless you've changed the q/shifter/blipper you shouldn't need to reprogramme the gears, i've never had to do it and had 5 gen3 's, with different shifter modules, even did a back to back with a HM shifter+ alpha shifter, but never needed to do anything regarding the settings via the rck, it just uses the stock settings. you can change the kill time with the rck3, and the pressure needed is a physical adjustment on the alpha unit, on the programme box on the HM so no need for the rck regarding that.

are you having issues with shifting, or just assuming it's something that needs doing?

sorry, read it as gear leaning, not learning. tbh unless you've changed the q/shifter/blipper you shouldn't need to reprogramme the gears, i've never had to do it and had 5 gen3 's, with different shifter modules, even did a back to back with a HM shifter+ alpha shifter, but never needed to do anything regarding the settings via the rck, it just uses the stock settings. you can change the kill time with the rck3, and the pressure needed is a physical adjustment on the alpha unit, on the programme box on the HM so no need for the rck regarding that.

are you having issues with shifting, or just assuming it's something that needs doing?
No prob, my English is not so good, so it's normal that you'll miss-read sometimes.
Ok for reprogramming the gears, I understand that I wont have to do anything.
No I'm not having any issues by now, as I haven't tryied the bike by now.
First ride in 1 week.
Thanks a lot for all your informations!!! That's gold for me ^^

Latest posts

Back