Engine sliders vs covers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pasmith73

Reaction score
I want to fit protection to the clutch cover & alternator cover.

I could fit GB Racing covers which go over the whole part of the engine (?171) or R&G engine sliders which stick onto the front of the same engine parts (?96).

I'm only concerned about the bike falling over from stationary, and not a high speed crash. Would the sliders fully protect the engine covers or is it better to go with the full GB Racing covers?

Thanks.

I had the full RG covers on my Gen1 (by previous owner) but I've since changed the alternator and timing case to RG sliders, left the clutch on.
I have had a number of stator failures, top coil burns out and wanted as much cooling to the bottom of the engine as possible, only done a year or so ago but no more problems yet! water temp still goes up quickly at stop / slow speed, but I believe they all do that. bikes now done nearly 60,000 miles so a couple of stators isn't the end of the world ( had a couple of pattern ones go in less than 2000 miles, (refunded)), BMW ones seem to last quite well (SH one did nearly 20000).
any way would go for sliders as less bolts to change as well.

Yeah I got you :) The heat thing Mike mentioned...could be a thing there are some other options with that in mind.

These PP-Tuning.EU covers are ali which A) is a heat sink and B) covers most of the part.
"https://pptuning.eu/model/bmw/s1000rr-2019-new?category[3][0]=6" . < copy paste into browser this forum can't cope with the formatting.

Same with Bonamici.
http://www.bonamiciracing.it/en/s-1000-rr--19-----m-1000-rr--21--.html

Not cheap but they look awesome

Last edited:
Alex please stop posting links to things I can't resist buying:chuncky:. Link to pptuning broken, it's dropped the last section. Cut and paste works fine. Like the understated Bonamici cover over the pp offering. Like the pp axel sliders. Might have to pick some up to go along with the box of evotech stuff in the garage waiting on the new chariot.

Engine Sliders vs Covers

From experience engine case sliders are absolutely rubbish in the event of a crash. Buy full covers.

+1 for covers... Had a slow mo drop on a blade and scuffed the alternator cover few years back [emoji15] Have GB ones fitted to mine now, decent quality and look good. Had R&G on another bike, fit for purpose but thought they looked a bit naff.

Ive got gb covers, however, last week i had a low side whilst at anglesey, my bullet bobbins saved my panels, my brake lever gaurd saved my levers and handle bars and the only other damage was by right hand brake peg and foot peg oh and some small scratches to my exhaust. Cant recommend the bullet bobbins enough

Latest posts

Back