Race bike questions

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grass569

Reaction score
Hi I have just purchased a 2010 bike as my race bike this season and have a few questions .
The bike has had the abs pump removed leaving the control box and I'm not sure if this has disabled the dtc. Not had chance to ride as yet. I have read lots of different things regarding this some saying it still works others saying it won't, anyone on here had any experience with this? I have followed the speed sensor from wheels to under the seat but this ends unplugged. Any ideas as I can't see off find out where this would plug in

I think that will do for now don't want to bore everyone

thanks for any help

grass

My seat and tail unit is off at the moment. I will try to trace the, is the sensor you are talking about the one on the abs ring on the back wheel? Tracing the lead from that?

Hi thanks for this. Yes it is the cable from the rear wheel upto and under the seat. Although I have now figured out where it should be plugged in and somebody has cut the plug off fir some reason. If you do get a chance and can find the plug could you have a look at the colours of the wires on the loom where the sensor plugs in

Thanks

Looks very much like 2 wires, black and black with either white or pale yellow tracer. Looking from the top into the battery box front right corner by the multi-plug

Thanks for the replies. Found the right cables why the plug has been cut off I don't know. All re connected now just need to test.
Now I have another question. Any ideas why I can't change the mode. It seems to be stuck in sport mode I have tried various wAys after reading lots about it but nothing seems to work.

possibly the micro switch on the clutch lever out of adjustment. Either that or faulty switch.

switch gear seems to be very common fault on these bikes, if the clocks have been changed I know this can cause issues too when try to select modes

I thought the clutch myself especially as there is no switch - this has been taken off for some reason. I have bridged the switch to try to mimic the clutch but still no joy. Don't know if clock have been changed good chance I would have thought being a race bike

You do not need a clutch switch to change modes.

There are posts on this forum regarding this but from memory I do not think it was resolved. Someone had an engine in a sidecar and had the same problem, possibly related to clocks, ignition or something else not being a "matched set" for the bike.

You do not need a clutch switch to change modes.

There are posts on this forum regarding this but from memory I do not think it was resolved. Someone had an engine in a sidecar and had the same problem, possibly related to clocks, ignition or something else not being a "matched set" for the bike.

Yes I have read quite a bit about the sidecar, what is a little odd is people say that everything needs to be paired up but the guy with the sidecar has took his ECU of and put it on a standard bike and managed to get the mode to change without having to pair up the clocks etc.

We'll tried everything we can think of. Tested all sensors n all seem to be working had to resign to the fact it's going to have to go in to the dealers aargh

Does the bike have a standard dash / switchgear on it ?

I could not change modes on mine when I had a Starlane Dash and Alpha switchgear. Any other combination worked fine.

Regards
Davy

Mine was stuck in race mode after dyno. It was caused by only 1 wheel sensor picking up a speed signal.

Start the bike & ride it until the DTC & ABS lights stop blinking then see if you can change modes.

Tried that too. It's now in the dealers to see if they can figure it out

I'll let you know if they sort it

thanks for advice

Back