R&G radiator Guards quality

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chorsley

Reaction score
I have just had to rub down and repaint my rad covers the powder coat had really bubbled up and looked a real mess anybody else had issues like this.

I don't ride my bike in bad weather March to October rider only.

Yep ,me as well paint coming off al over , rubbed down and repainted black ,waiting for my 2015 bike so might paint them silver to match the rad and oil , now ,
anybody else painted there r&g covers silver or any pics of them

That does not sound too good an advert for them, only fitted mine last month and waiting for spring to arrive.. Will see what happens to them..

Realy it is what they are there for , helps to keep the rad and oil from getting damaged,

in work tomorrow ,going to sand down and paint silver , I think they look good

I've had the same trouble with my r&g tail tidy, paint flaking and bubbling up

I'm a fair weather rider too and after just 2 years and less than 8k miles, mine are blistering up and paint falling off too. For what they are and the price they cost, that's very very poor IMO:

Attachments

• R&G radiator and oil cooler guards.jpg
    R&G radiator and oil cooler guards.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 52
  • R&G radiator and oil cooler guards.jpg
    R&G radiator and oil cooler guards.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I'm a fair weather rider too and after just 2 years and less than 8k miles, mine are blistering up and paint falling off too. For what they are and the price they cost, that's very very poor IMO:

Thats pretty poor really like you say for the price of them, will be getting a tail tidy in the next month or so perhaps Evotech is the way to go then.

I think I'll go with evotech for my rad guard. Probably use R&G for the bungs and bobbins though.

I originally had a R&G tail tidy powder coat came off in less than 1 year and they are not very good looking!
For tail tidy D3 components can't be beat!!!!

Blimey a lot of R&G haters on this forum! I've had an R&G tail tidy on my bike for two tears now. It looks great and it hasn't coroded at all.

My mate has an r&g fitted on his hp4 and he is removing it for a evotech one. He helped me fit the evotech one on my bike and said its much better quality.

I have checked the R&G guards on my HP4 and cannot find any corrosion / paint issues. So no problems with mine after 18 months.

I messaged a company that do evotech and they reckon the rad cover is the same for the new model as the old one.

Having looked at the poor state of my guards, I emailed that same photo (see above) to the R&G Support at [email protected] and said that this wasn't exactly good quality or VFM. I also provided proof of purchase.
Thankfully, without quibble, they are sending me out a new replacement set under warranty :)

Having looked at the poor state of my guards, I emailed that same photo (see above) to the R&G Support at [email protected] and said that this wasn't exactly good quality or VFM. I also provided proof of purchase.
Thankfully, without quibble, they are sending me out a new replacement set under warranty :)

Thats good. I had a problem with a swing arm bobbin in 2013 and they swapped it no fuss. Good customer service imo.

Looking at your pics it might be that sometimes the bubbling can be caused by a tiny hole in the paint (maybe caused by stones?) with moisture then penetrating and lifting the paint. Anyway good result for you.

Latest posts

Back