R& G engine covers help

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenn

Reaction score
Hi has anybody got the fitting instructions for the above? I could only find the fitting instructions for one case cover on their website.

You don't need instructions for that job mate, just put the cover in place have a look what bolts need to be taken out and replaced with the new ones supplied in the kit and torque down to about 10n/m

It was actually the torque setting's i was after,i was paranoid about over tightening a bolt and stripping it the right hand casing on the r & g website said 3nm plus qaurter turn.

Ive just bought these for my bike too - i dont have the correct tools (dont have any proper tools if im honest!!) so i still havent fitted them either because i knew they would need the correct torque setting - so will have to give them to my garage mate to fit - how sad is that!?

I've just fitted gb covers so when I go to my garage later il see what the instructions say about torque settings and post it up on here

Cheers for the reply's was going to put mine on tomorrow and torque them all up to 10 nm as cally said,if i had the workshop pdf i could of worked off that too.

Just opened the R&G box and read the instructions - all 3 covers are to be set to 3 Nm PLUS a 90 degree turn!

photo.jpg

Looked all around my garage and tipped out the bin but couldn't find the instructions but my mate is quite sure it was 8N/M, HOPE THIS HELPS

ive just googled gb engine covers that I have and a guy on the honda 1000 forum has put a how to up, and he done his to 10nm following the instructions

just found a video on youtube about fitting GB engine covers and that also says 10NM, THATS ALL I GOT TO SAY ON THE MATTER:unconscious:

just found a video on youtube about fitting GB engine covers and that also says 10NM, THATS ALL I GOT TO SAY ON THE MATTER:unconscious:

LOL! Well R&G state on the site and in the instruction leaflet 3 Nm and the uber important little extra twist at the end - not sure whether there is any significant difference between R&G and GB covers but at the end of the day the OP has R&G's and not GB's so thats all i have to say on the matter too! :smug:

Just found my instructions for the gb engine covers and I had to torque to 10 nm

The GB and R&G covers are unlikely to be exactly the same material, so will likely have different crush properties - and the crush on the material will be what's important for the effective torque in the engine casing. I'd be very keen to use the method described for the particular version you have. So for the OP with his R&Gs, if the instructions say 3nm and 90 degrees, then I'd use 3nm and 90 degrees. If I had GBs, I'd use 10nm.

/2c

Latest posts

Back