R@G crash bungs.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1000rr

Reaction score
Getting some crash bungs for my bike drill or non drill not sure which to go for?
R@G aero type only require drilling on one side is there a different between them opinions greatly appreciate 🏍

The non drill version has an offset bracket because the frame bolt hole you would use for the crash bung on one side is hidden behind the fairing. You can get non drill aeros.

Last edited:
Ah yes that's what the price difference is so ,
Not much info on the website thanks for your reply.

What year bike? No drilling and no offset brackets on a gen3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gen 2, lad's 12 reg 28mm hole on on the rear brake side .
Price from R@G is ?70 drill set/ non drill ?124.

I bought the no drill ones for my blade and they still ended up rubbing against the fairings and marking them,would have been better just saving the money and drilling fairings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of people like Woodcraft crash bungs. I'd have thought them all much the same at slow speed/drops but potentially very different at higher speeds. Don't think they look as good as R&G. I imagine there are other manufacturers out there doing them but maybe one of the forum racers can give a recommendation based on real world experience.

No drill best IMO. They don't rub on the S1000RR.
Also, helpfully, my Lightech ones fit the same bracket on my '12.

alpha Racing Crash Protectors

I would highly recommend a set of alpha Racing Crash Protectors. They performed superbly following a 100+ mph crash at Snetterton and protected the frame from sustaining any damage. They are also reasonably priced and replacement parts are easy to source.

The Alpha crash protectors wont fit the gen 2 unless you drill the side fairings.

Thanks for all the replies lads.
Also can I ask soof are the ones that you have black or white?

Re: alpha Racing Crash Protectors

I would highly recommend a set of alpha Racing Crash Protectors. They performed superbly following a 100+ mph crash at Snetterton and protected the frame from sustaining any damage. They are also reasonably priced and replacement parts are easy to source.

100mph + that's a proper off.

Thanks for all the replies lads.
Also can I ask soof are the ones that you have black or white?

Here's one I made earlier;

773788fdaacf52550d168e71f9e85c7d.jpg

Latest posts

Back