Quiet year

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Well, personally, it,s been a quiet biking year for me. Firstly the covid shyte, then the not knowing, now how the costs have escalated for EVERYTHING bike related.... Can't see me having a bike much longer. Enjoy my track days but everyone has to draw a line eventually. Not looking for sympathy !!!

I know what you mean chap. Done bugger all this year and only Almeria to go, can't exactly improve if I don't ride...

Again not for sympathy?.

Just to comment on the cost of everything?.

A female driver crashed into the side of my work van and insurance decided to write it off. My van was paid off in full. I got my new BMW bike in May as business was good and I enjoyed the Gen 1 a lot. Insurance company are only willing to pay me what they feel is the current value of my van BUT when you take into account what things are costing now it?s just crazy! My van was a limited edition and extremely well looked after as I do all my own servicing which is carried out every 5000 miles. This was my van until I was forced to go electric! Absolutely gutted! Especially with the price of new vans but I have no choice as my business can?t run without one. The icing on the cake was asking van hire companies a cost to hire from October to December and getting figures of between ?6000-?8500

Unfortunately the bike is a toy, for fun, might have to let it go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I done a full season of racing but this year im definitely feeling it more. Its not just one thing dearer its everything.

sorry for the thread hi jack but what series did you race in?

Looking at doing some endurance stuff next year so any advice or guide on costs would be appreciated.

Had 12 days booked..........4 at Oulton and 8 at Anglesey.. don't bother when it's wet so ended up with 3 1/2 days at Oulton (got into the 48s so a pb) and 5 at Anglesey.

Going to the same next year - I've already bought enough tyres (that hurt....), brake pads, oil and filters for 12 > 15 days so hopefully at least one more good year on track.

Supertwins. Er6.

Budget everything you can think of and add 50%

Costing me about 1000-1100 euro a 3 day weekend if you add year and devide.

Stuff like ruining a set of wets in a drying race isnt stuff you budget for.

Youll go through tires faster than you think.
Break pads.
Van diesel.
Suspension servicing

Roughly 1800 miles for me this year including 3 track days and mostly commuting miles. Tbf I went out more than usual initially trying to reach the 600 mile run in service so chances are next season I?ll be around the 1200 mile mark.

plan is to do more than the 3 track days.

Latest posts

Back