Going Racing - Advice Please

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kam187

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Have decided I want to do some endurance racing next year and have lined up a team mate to go in a TAG formation with NLR.

Plan is to do 3-4 races throughout the year due to time contrasts but I'm sure budget will also play a part in this.

So far I have already booked my ACU test (Mar23), have the bike in a ready to race format (meets all regs) and sorted all transport to the races (van).

The bit I'm a little lost on is how much to budget per race. i.e. tyres, brakes, fuel, etc?

Apart from the obvious stuff like carrying spares, are there any other critical items I'm going to need to budget for. I have a spare set of wheels, brake discs, levers, bodywork, etc.

I know a lot of guys on here have raced before so any guidance would be appreciated to give me peace of mind in my planning.

i'm sure there are people on here that can help, but a message on the NLR racing page will get you all the answers you need

Check the regulations, are you forced to use a particular brand for tyres?
I would, for the first season, take harder wearing tyres, which will last a meeting. SC3, V02 medium, TD's.
Turn up on scrubs, do practice, fit new tyres for Quali, race on them, run the same tyres in practice for next event, then fit new. This should hopefully mean 4-5 set of tyres (depending on other track day activity.

Last edited:
Always have spares for levers, bars, rearsets. Selection of bolts. Fluids. Gorilla tape. Tie wraps. Brake pads

I put a set on after qualifying. Use fresh for 3 races, then use them for test and qual next weekend.

I used to change before qualifying but i think i prefer best of the tire for racing

Theres some spares you think will be useful but if you need a engine, wheels, or big stuff like that your probably fu*ked anyways

Cheers for all the advice guys.

I reached out to Abhi from Chasing Tenths who?s going to talk me through his season.

Also have beers next week with a guy who completed both Sprint and Endurance racing with NLR.

if you need spares, i'm breaking my bike so give me shout if theres anything you need

i do, well riders fairings, it's not a riders bike, was better than the ones they had for sale :)

Latest posts

Back