Quick shifter

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snow

Reaction score
Me again. Just wondering how smooth the quickshifter is supposed to be, its great when tootling around through town but when i give it some power it hardly changes, the lever doesnt even hardly move and if it does its not smooth like when im doing 30 mph.
I took it back to the place i bought it and they said to try cleaning the connector which didnt do anything

Hello. I've a 2016 and have noticed that mine isn't so good at low speeds and revs.
But works a dream when your flying.
Throttle has to be fully open on up shifts otherwise sometimes I get false neutral.

It will down shift on partly open throttle but it doesn't seam to auto blip.
Fully closed throttle on down shift is the way to go.

At speed it's smooth up and down.
But around town I use the clutch as this way for me feels smoother.

Also between each up/down shift you need to let the foot lever return to its natural position. Think of it like a push button switch.

Hope that this was of help.
👍🏼

Mine wont shift down at all without the clutch.
Im going to let my mate have a go, hes got same bike so he can see if its fault or me being weak footed.
Never had anything like this bike before so its all new to me.
Cheers

Mine wont shift down at all without the clutch.
Im going to let my mate have a go, hes got same bike so he can see if its fault or me being weak footed.
Never had anything like this bike before so its all new to me.
Cheers

Maybe a daft question but is your bike a gen3 '15/16 bike? Only the gen3 has an autoblipper for down shifts, the earlier models don't and you have to use the clutch. For the gen3 bikes you simply close the throttle (all the way) and push down on the gear shift to change down. The system can be a bit lumpy at low revs and you may get the odd refusal to change but otherwise it should work smoothly and gets better the higher the revs.

No mine is 2010 so that explains the no down shift. Its just that it seems really smooth and effortless at about 30mph and really struggles the higher the speed

On up shifts you need to be opening the throttle as you use the quick shift, it shouldn't matter how fast you are going, the QS won't work that well if you are on a neutral throttle

Last edited:
It's shift assist rather than a pure quick shifter, designed to help with clutchless changing. I think you can help it immensely with throttle modulation.

I'll try wat you said next time im on it, never had a quickshifter before so hardly use it anyways, habit using the clutch i guess.
Just want to make sure its ok before my warranty runs out
Thanks

you can change down without the clutch on a fully open throttle with 15/16 bikes.

I believe you mean a fully closed throttle repsol67. I had a qs on my GSXR1000 and were a lot smoother than the BM. However the down blipper is in another world which the Suzi never had, untill the 2017 model comes along.

oh well i had better stop downshifting with the throttle open. no clunks, just drops in.

Gave it a good blast today. Must not of been opening the throttle properly before. Cheers for the advice, i can now work my quickshifter properly :)
Doylem or wot

Back