Hello from Switzerland

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocroc

Reaction score
Hi all

Members of the US forum might know my introduction... I read some interesting threads here and will be happy to join this community.

I'm riding motorcycles about 30 years and, to be honest, I'm not focused on one special brand. I like almost all of them ;-).

For daily use I drive a Monster 1200S. A Panigale 1299S is most of the time prepared for the track. For smaller courses where the Pani and nearly all liter bikes are nothing else than overkill (at least for me...), a Zx6r 636 MY 2013 found the way in my garage (race only, ?hlins suspension). The S1000RR was always on my focus but till autumn last year I was not crazy enough the get one.

I will the S1RR ride on the track and on the street and decide later this year if I convert it in a pure race bike. For the first trackdays in April I will adjust the suspension to my weight, mount a travel sensor for the front fork and some parts of a race fairing. And I'm very interested to get the most out of the DDC suspension (I'm a lightweight, under 70kg without gear).

31277839471_77ca49a942_b.jpg

My 2015 with all you need for the street...

27986081581_950875649c_b.jpg

Both of them nice in their own way

27862347641_350c0a228e_b.jpg

My little racefrog, also a lot of fun

19075733353_a5c7917ed9_b.jpg

And last but not least my Monster.

Welcome along - sorry the post didn't turn up at first - the pictures are blocked for new members.

Some nice toys you have!

I think you'll want some softer Alpha springs for your DDC at your weight!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, that's a lovely collection of bikes. And great scenery. Wow. Only been once to Switzerland on a bike and it was amazing.

Hi! and wow - that scenery looks eye-poppingly beautiful (as so the bikes). I've never been to Switzerland before - Had plenty of it's chocolate though, hence why I'm not 70kg :)

Welcome rocroc, stunning scenery and the bikes are almost as beautiful too! I think you will need softer springs as Alex suggested. I fitted Alpha springs to mine recently, as I am a lightweight too. Please keep us posted how you get on with the S1RR.

Welcome along mate.. where in Switzerlan..were planning a trip in July maybe could hook up ! Stuart .... Scotland

Sent from Galaxy S7

Welcome along mate.. where in Switzerlan..were planning a trip in July maybe could hook up ! Stuart .... Scotland

Hi Stuart

Scotland... on my to-do-list :). After my family holidays in the second week of July I'm probably on the road for some days in the swiss, italian and french alps. Let me know when you've planned your stay in Switzerland. Perhaps we find an occasion to ride in my favourite hunting ground ;-).

30991529052_000f41498f_b.jpg

Hi Rocroc, your bikes are almost as beautiful as the scenery, rode through Davos and the Umbrail, Stelvio passes on my 2012 S1000rr and loved every mile I spent there. Enjoy your new steed as I'm sure you will.

Welcome

JimmyMac

Back