Probably the last run this year

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loupe

Reaction score
It was a beautiful day here today and was certainly better than most "summer" days we have had this year so decided to take the bike out before the salt goes down.
It's going to be a long winter.

5957263E-6E85-4D17-8B98-846B6080B277_zpsxekwou4n.png

Last edited:
Great pics, never driven or ridden in Scotland, must correct that one day. (Driving a hire car around Aberdeen doesn't count!)

Have you any plans for her whilst she's of road?

Thanks Alex. No real plans but I'll probably have HP Rearsets fitted as I've heard from others that it's the single most important mod they have done.
I plan to take it on track next year.
Apart from that, I'll take the key out and close the door on her for 6 months :frown-new:

Just flown to inverness today (i live darn sarf). Very pretty and some great roads. Off to loch ness tomorrow for work and then back to our crammed roads. Beamer still on road for commuting up untill the salt falls

Thanks Alex. No real plans but I'll probably have HP Rearsets fitted as I've heard from others that it's the single most important mod they have done.
I plan to take it on track next year.
Apart from that, I'll take the key out and close the door on her for 6 months :frown-new:

If its any consolation I've not been able to ride mine for 6 weeks already (awaiting parts (nothing major)) and with the change in weather that could well be it till Spring for me too...greasy diesel covered London roads do not appeal.

Definitely looking to go abroad early next year and get some miles in getting used to it again. Maybe that can be a plan for a few of us. (Can stop off at a track for the day too ;) )

HP Rearsets (and Levers) will be the awesome.

Just flown to inverness today (i live darn sarf). Very pretty and some great roads. Off to loch ness tomorrow for work and then back to our crammed roads. Beamer still on road for commuting up untill the salt falls

You're going to wish you had the bike with you when you drive down the loch side:woot:

If its any consolation I've not been able to ride mine for 6 weeks already (awaiting parts (nothing major)) and with the change in weather that could well be it till Spring for me too...greasy diesel covered London roads do not appeal.

Definitely looking to go abroad early next year and get some miles in getting used to it again. Maybe that can be a plan for a few of us. (Can stop off at a track for the day too ;) )

HP Rearsets (and Levers) will be the awesome.

Would be great to go out with a few from here but it would be an expedition just getting to where you all live!
Ive got another Harley trip planned for March to the Grand Canyon and a few other states so that will be my points used up for this year with my wife...
I've fitted the HP levers already, just to smuggle the rearsets onto the bike so she doesn't see them next lol.

Hi loupe, took advantage of the good day yesterday (Sunday) to take a wee 240 mile round trip to Oban for a fish supper, fantastic ride, quiet roads and a wee bit of sport with a Ferrari at Gleneagles on the way home.
Will be riding both the GSA and HP throughout the winter as long as it's above zero degrees.

JimmyMac

Hi loupe, took advantage of the good day yesterday (Sunday) to take a wee 240 mile round trip to Oban for a fish supper, fantastic ride, quiet roads and a wee bit of sport with a Ferrari at Gleneagles on the way home.
Will be riding both the GSA and HP throughout the winter as long as it's above zero degrees.

JimmyMac

Was a cracking day yesterday here too.
I didn't manage to get out on the bike as I was down near Gleneagles with my Ferrari:victorious:

Last edited:
Great pics the roads look amazing will have to make to trip one day. Winter is such a drag roll on March............

Nice pics Paul, was that on Loch Ness? Glad to see you have had some good weather! This weekend is looking hopeful, haven't been on my hp4 since August so might get one last sneaky ride in before winter.

Haha Loupe, did you notice notice my new tail light?����
Yes I did, looks really cool. But not as cool while sideways on the roundabout trying to catch you as you had your elbow down.
You're some guy! :woot:

Nice pics Paul, was that on Loch Ness? Glad to see you have had some good weather! This weekend is looking hopeful, haven't been on my hp4 since August so might get one last sneaky ride in before winter.
Hi Andy,
That was on the road to Ullapool which is north of Loch Ness, another fantastic road.
It's another sunny day here but I'm working today, hopefully nice on Sunday but that's being very optimistic!
Hope you get out again

Cheers Paul! And will probably arrange to come up again next year and get a guided tour from you this time ;).

Sounds good, but I can't guarantee the weather!
Just remember the Avon spray :mushroom:

Hi Loupe, again awesome photos.:eagerness:

Your photos brought a smile to my face,:joyous: as they reminded me of my last ride out to Oban not forgetting the mandatory stop at the Green Welly (Tyndrum). The next day on to Fort William, Glen Coe and finally back home.

I find myself subconsciously counting the days until I’ll next be on my bike lol.:sorrow:

I had a ride out Sunday, it was my 1st time since banging my S1000 For 4 day's around the circuit of Almeria Spain in Sept. Kinda weird getting back on the queens highway.
God do I love that circuit....

Back