Praise for the D3 Tail Tidy...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke

Reaction score
Frankly, the design, build and quality of the finish, combined with the price make this a no brainer.

Fitting was a complete pleasure, with no need to chop wires or hack anything, it looks fantastic. In my opinion, it looks like the OEM designed it to there in the first place. The icing on the cake was the service I received from Daz. He was really helpful on the phone and the unit arrived right away, exactly when he promised.

Overall, it's rare to have a completely satisfying customer experience these days, so I think it's important to sing praises where they are deserved :)

Luke

I'm trying to get one, but he said he was thinking of changing from the wet finish look to a powder coated one.

I've been calling for a month now..as the feedback has been great...but due to many "I'll call you" promises that just haven't happened, and because I'm still waiting... I cannot say my experience had been very good unfortunately :0(

I have the standard d3 on my Motorsport whith matching white under piece.no cutting wires. Quality item I agree.

Ive heard from Daz but ive still not decided which one to get. The standard one looks great to me! I better get this ordered - i need to find a belly pan next... Any recommendations?

I got the standard tail tidy and it is spot on. I didn't go for the extreme as I'm not confident with changing anything oem, the standard was plug and play, so to speak. Plenty of guys here have got the extreme so undoubtedly could help out with faqs on the install if you went that route.

Daz has said he is not doing any more wet finish ones, he's looking at costing a powder coated version.

Hi.

Is this the R&G tidey you are discussing?

Im in the market for something easy to fit :)

Thanks. D.

Got any pics??
How so you get the wires out of the OEM tail without cutting them??
Also, Dont you find the wires too long??
I just fitted a tail tidy to mine and choped about 20-30cm out of the cables to keep them nice and neat. Didn't want them bunched up under my seat.

Maybe they changed the wiring, because on my '13 bike the indicators did not have individual connectors so unless I cut the plastic oem plate holder to release the wires, the only way was to cut the wires.

You don't cut any wires for the Standard (STD) version, which is the one I have. Which is one reason why I bought the STD version.

http://s1rr.eu/#/tail-std/4558660629

agree, the Standard D3 utilised the standard plate light assembly so you don't have to cut any wires whereas the extreme I had to splice the wires inline as this uses a small led plate light.

the standard indicators you can remove the wire from the indicator and at the junction end under the seat....totally different loom if you opted for LED indicators like I had on my previous '12 plate

not wanting to cut the wires on my HP4 I may opt for the standard this time??? although i did like the minimalistic size of the extreme when paired with a 8"x6" plate and the LED indicators...and imo still looking 'legal' to the boys in blue

agree, the Standard D3 utilised the standard plate light assembly so you don't have to cut any wires whereas the extreme I had to splice the wires inline as this uses a small led plate light.

the standard indicators you can remove the wire from the indicator and at the junction end under the seat....totally different loom if you opted for LED indicators like I had on my previous '12 plate

not wanting to cut the wires on my HP4 I may opt for the standard this time??? although i did like the minimalistic size of the extreme when paired with a 8"x6" plate and the LED indicators...and imo still looking 'legal' to the boys in blue

think we've had this discussion before, I put the standard d3 on my hp4 with a 7x6.5 plate because that is the smallest plate I could have with legal sized lettering 5 character private plate, but it also will work with 6 characters.

Last edited:
think we've had this discussion before, I put the standard d3 on my hp4 with a 7x6.5 plate because that is the smallest plate I could have with legal sized lettering 5 character private plate, but it also will work with 6 characters.

must search for your previous discussion then....looks like i'll have to bag a private plate then as with 7 characters the spacing gets compromised and hence still as illegal as slightly reducing character sizing

Latest posts

Back