Praise for the D3 Tail Tidy...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes that is the right one. Why not send daz an email, there is a d3 thread with his number and email address. I think he does a bit of discount for forum members too :).

the number plate question is a matter of personal taste and legality, your existing one will fit albeit with different hole positions from memory.

Cool, will hunt down the thread.

Umm i was wondering if the drill pattern would be the same as my standard number plate.

Im happy with a dull "legal" plate.

Cool, will hunt down the thread.

Umm i was wondering if the drill pattern would be the same as my standard number plate.

Im happy with a dull "legal" plate.

nothing wrong with one of those! My private plate I bought about 10 years ago and had it on a very special car for 8 years till I sold it :(. There was nowhere more deserving than the hp4 for it to go on to so that's where it's gone.

the standard plate holder on the bike takes 3 screws, the d3 takes 2. I've looked at my original plate and can see I drilled 2 new holes to fit it to the d3 at first. The 2 horizontal screws need to be slightly closer together than the oem position.

Luvley! Thanks for the info mr :). I think i will get a fresh one just keep things tidy, their only a few quid eh.

Could one of you kind gentlemen recommend/link me to a set of nice rear indicators that would compliment the D3 tidy.. I Like the ones pictured on the D3 web page.

Preferabley a straight swap with no tinkering requiered.

The front ones are ok as they are for now.

Thanks .

Holy sh*t!! I spose the saving grace is you get all 4 .

Look like a faf to install them Mr soofsayer and i dont fancy having to visit dealer again until service day or till the sump falls off! Which ever comes sooner ;-)

They are bloody smart though...

Will this D3 tidy accept a legal 9x7 plate?

Tar .

Look like a faf to install them Mr soofsayer and i dont fancy having to visit dealer again until service day or till the sump falls off! Which ever comes sooner ;-)

Tar .

half hour tops to fit them...I chopped my '12 plate S1K in for the Hp and was going to leave the HP leds on the bike as couldn't be doing with stripping it down but decided for it and was surprised how easy were to put back to std

they are a bit bl00dy expensive though and don't know if anyone else has had the misfortune but I brushed past mine in the garage and the rear LED indicator snapped off at the stem....whereas there seems a bit of spring / forgiveness with the standard indicators on the S1K

I've got the BMW leds on the extreme tidy. No issues, easy fit.
Someone walked into my rear indicator and it popped out the mount on the original tail.
It slipped back in after loosening off the screw and you can't tell any damage as it's just the small lug has been rounded a bit.

Suffice to say I was pissed off that some clumsy idiot had done it.

I've got the BMW leds on the extreme tidy. No issues, easy fit.
Someone walked into my rear indicator and it popped out the mount on the original tail.
It slipped back in after loosening off the screw and you can't tell any damage as it's just the small lug has been rounded a bit.

Suffice to say I was pissed off that some clumsy idiot had done it.

Same happend to my standard one.

Whats this bit all about about....

""Important!
On some bikes it may be necessary to register the LED turn signals to the CAN-Bus electronic of the bike (software update to the main CPU). This can only be done by a BMW workshop with the BMW special tool. Normally the LED turn signals will work without a software update.""

Hi Derwyn. Rather than pay that extortionate price for 4, you can get 2 of the same LED indicators for just £36 (inc postage) by buying them from eBay here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-LED-F...d=100011&prg=9312&rk=4&rkt=10&sd=271404353337

and then you can get the required cable to connect them in (part number 77 51 7 728 072), which you can see here:
http://www.bmw-motorrad-store.co.uk/bmw-attachment-parts-for-led-turn-signal-s1000rr-and-hp4.html for £29.18 delivered
or here: http://www.motorworks.co.uk/vlive/Shop/Parts.php?T=6&Q=led indicator&x=14&y=26&spPage=2 (see the LED indicator installation kit LIA28072)

Hope this helps save you a few pennies :)
Steve.

Last edited:
Wow thanks steve!!

Looking at the motorworks site all i would need for the rear is...

2 x LIA14326

1 x LIA28072

Does the fitting kit allow me to leave the front standard? Im not too sure.

Thanks for you time ! Its appreciated .

Managed to track down the purveyor of these fine trinkets and obtain one of his finest standard tidys!

Luvley.

Try it again fella?!

Or give him a tinkle, there is a phone number on here somewhere.

Havent received mine yet so he might have just taken my money and wasted it on a cheap whore and haribo.

Odd folk them southerners :-/

I have got the RandG tail tidy that my bike came with, is there a real difference between the 2? sounds like the d3 gets good reviews but has anyone actually done the comparison? Thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back