Portimao 8-10 September

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GixxerChuck

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone on here going? Will be taking the Gixxer. Hoping there?s someone near Southend for sharing van to take to Thakeham for Focussed drop off / collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to go...

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I?ll be there. Also leaving my bike over in Spain with them this year. Should be interesting.

Sorry, can?t help with the transport as I?m in Surrey.

What is the situation re power there? Do they have the 3 pin fly lead connectors or is it standard euro plug?

Always take a 16a blue to 3 pin adapter + 3pin to euro

What is the situation re power there? Do they have the 3 pin fly lead connectors or is it standard euro plug?
In all the garages I've been in at Portimao, they just have standard euro sockets (type C and F). They have some 3 phase big commando sockets but won't be using them!

My mate has dropped out so I am going stag now. Looks like they are using the Monchique Resort and Spa again which is a nice place with 1 bed apartment setups (have an ensuite master bedroom and a king size sofa bed in the living room with separate bathroom so no sleeping 1m away from a snoring tired track rider :cool:).

Only issue for those after a nightlife is it is 30 mins drive inland from Portimao itself. But only 15-20 mins drive to the track. They have a decent Italian restaurant there.

If anyone is travelling by themselves, if you want someone you have a slight link to, I'm happy to put my name down to share an apartment.

My mate has dropped out so I am going stag now. Looks like they are using the Monchique Resort and Spa again which is a nice place with 1 bed apartment setups (have an ensuite master bedroom and a king size sofa bed in the living room with separate bathroom so no sleeping 1m away from a snoring tired track rider :cool:).

Only issue for those after a nightlife is it is 30 mins drive inland from Portimao itself. But only 15-20 mins drive to the track. They have a decent Italian restaurant there.

If anyone is travelling by themselves, if you want someone you have a slight link to, I'm happy to put my name down to share an apartment.

My Mrs is going so got room sorted.

Hope you got loaded up ok yesterday and didn?t get wet.

I had a bit of a shocker. was lovely and sunny as sitting in the queue of vans then started chucking it down a few minutes before I started to load the stillage. Everything is soaked.

Plus I managed to slip out of the back of the van and pulled my hamstring badly so now laid up at home!

As long as it heals in a week or so and the weather is warm and sunny in Portugal to dry the gear out!

Well I?m out. Had to cancel this trip to Portimao. Turns out I tore my hamstring badly. Can hardly walk. Huge bruising. No way I can ride my bike for a good few weeks I?d say.

Hope it is still a great weekend for those there!

Well I?m out. Had to cancel this trip to Portimao. Turns out I tore my hamstring badly. Can hardly walk. Huge bruising. No way I can ride my bike for a good few weeks I?d say.

Hope it is still a great weekend for those there!

What a shitter. I was in one of the last vans and was just after the downpour. Was it you loading the Duke for a mate?

Yeah, pretty bloody annoying but these things happen.

Nah, was just loading my own stuff.

FE will sort my gear out but i just hope they help the nice chap that I ended up sharing the stillage with as I have a heap of crap on there!

Sucks chap. Happy to fly out and ride your bike round for you [emoji14]

Latest posts

Back