Pirelli Rosso Corsa 2 Vs Supercorsa

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Union8

Reaction score
It time to replace my tyres I currently have Pirelli Supercorsa V2 from new and was just going to replace them with exactly the same, but i was thinking that maybe I don't need such a track focus tyre, although I have already 3 trackdays booked for this year, I was thinking of trying Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa II, but my only worry is that I have only ever used Supercorsa's or Metzeler K3 and love the confidence both of those bring on both on and off track , but on the flip side so i was thinking that this year I would like to do a tour to the Nurburgring and need a tyre that can handle a few miles, not that Supercorsa can't but i feel wrong as those are happier on it side. So I would appreciate any views on the Diablo RC2 or any other tyre.
Thanks
Adam

Rosso Corsa 2 are great performance tires, long lasting on road and good on track

I think the SC's are too much for UK roads/weather.

M9RR just got released but the Corsa 2's are supposed to be very good. Bear in mind the Corsa II has SC rubber on the sides and a harder compound in the middle.

M9RR just got released
I have been watching reviews this morning on the M9RR and and still undecided I need to see a comparison between the two, but considering both tyres are made in the same factory I am sure that it will be similar to Diablo Rosso Corsa 2

I think the SC's are too much for UK roads/weather.

M9RR just got released but the Corsa 2's are supposed to be very good. Bear in mind the Corsa II has SC rubber on the sides and a harder compound in the middle.

You mean they're great in potholes..................I'll get my coat. :)

Checked with FWR.
The M9RR is the Corsa 2 but from Metzeler.
Same price ?300 fitted.

Checked with FWR.
The M9RR is the Corsa 2 but from Metzeler.
Same price ?300 fitted.
So now the question is which one should I have fitted DRC2 or M9RR ?? If I go with my gut feel nothing else I will take the Pirelli, so what are the majority of people here running with for a road biased with a few trackday tyre

Well in the same call Bob said to use the M7RR if its a road bike doing the odd track day in ALL weathers.

The DRC2 and M9RR are very much dry weather/showers only.

- Alex

I'd second Bobs opinion there. I've raced in cold weather on M7RR and in my opinion they are better than the Rosso Corsas if you want to do a few track days. All of these tyres are noticeably worse on track than Supercorsas or K3 if you run a fast speed and especially if its a hot day but if you are not too heroic then they are perfectly reasonable. Its worth mentioning that the K3 is more suited to you than Supercorsas since it does not degrade through heat cycles as much.

Last edited:
Thank all for the feedback and I will be giving the DRC2 a try, I realise that those are for dry days, but since that is the times I am likely to ride should fit my profile.

I have DRC3s on my road bike used on track. As said about DRC2s they are good in the dry on track if not too fast. Also good on road in the dry. They are definitely not very good in the wet/cold. I don?t use them over winter on road in UK.

Last edited:
I have DRC3s on my road bike used on track. As said about DRC2s they are good in the dry on track if not too fast. Also good on road in the dry. They are definitely not very good in the wet/cold. I don?t use them over winter on road in UK.

do you mean the Rosso 3? Don?t think there is a Rosso Corsa 3......Rosso Corsa and Rosso and different tyres.

He does...

I'm weighing up the M9RR, DRC2 and S22.
S22 are cheaper, but afaik a hard carcass which can be tiring on the road. Probably half way between the DRC2 and Rosso 3 in terms of water drainage.

DRC2 come in 200/60 which would suit my geometry...not cheap though.

M9RR newest kid on the block. Getting great reviews particularly around steering. Technically similar to the DRC2, but appears to have more sipes for water.

- Alex

I've used SC, M7RR, K3 and now Michelin Power RS - in my opinion, the bike feels far better on the SC or the K3 - I have much more confidence with the front end with the SC or K3. I did a trackday with the M7RR and it I definitely noticed the bike moving about a lot more than with the SC or K3 (to be expected) When the Power RS are done I'll be going back to the K3's

Latest posts

Back