Pillion seat lock fitting

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGC

Reaction score
Hi, I finally received a lock cylinder from BMW to match my ignition key....foolishly I thought the lock cylinder would come with the fittings required to fit the pillion seat however it doesn't, any idea where I can get the bits to fit the lock? I don't fancy waiting another 2 months for BMW to sort it out.

I bought the seat on here however my bike had an aftermarket cowl fitted that didn't have any parts for the pillion seat.

Your seat didn't come with anything fitted to the underside of the pillion seat, where the barrel should be?

It should like roughly like this - see the metal plate? ( sorry for the crappy image)

images

Thanks Ryden, unfortunately it didn't come with the metal plate, just a bit of plastic to hold the lock cylinder. I can get the plate and other bits from BMW but I was hoping someone might have some lying around.

Unfortunately, I don't personally have anything like that spare - maybe another member might still or good old eBay?

Or if you have the solo seat cover, you could 'borrow' the plate from that. I think it's interchangeable?

Latest posts

Back