Paddock stand

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weesonha

Reaction score
What paddock stand you guys got? I've got the R&G paddock bobbins on the back and my paddock stand isn't wide enough 😒 I'm not interested in paying stupid money just for a stand. Cheers in advance

I can, only just, get the bike up on R&G bobbins on a Harris (HM) stand. But it was quite pricey.

Yeh mines is really close, stand is between 5-10mm too narrow. Maybe I should just get smaller bobbins.

Don't bother spending any more money. Mine were about the same amount too narrow also.
Lay the stand on the floor and stand on one side. Pull up on the other leg to open the gap a bit. Had no problems whatsoever with my stands. Job done!!

Don't bother spending any more money. Mine were about the same amount too narrow also.
Lay the stand on the floor and stand on one side. Pull up on the other leg to open the gap a bit. Had no problems whatsoever with my stands. Job done!!

Wider legs = better access :biggrin-new:

Oxford big black bike stand. Works a treat. Be careful with widening the legs, can weaken them and you don't want it falling over. For the sake of spending ?50-60 on a decent paddock stand vs cost of a bust up bike = no brainer to me

Oxford big black bike stand. Works a treat. Be careful with widening the legs, can weaken them and you don't want it falling over. For the sake of spending ?50-60 on a decent paddock stand vs cost of a bust up bike = no brainer to me
+1 on the Oxford big black , best I've used and works a treat with R&G bobbins. Don't think they're that expensive either and in the grand scheme of things less than ?100 for piece of mind gotta be worthwhile.

Cheers for the input guys. I think I'll pass on widening the stand, sounds a bit ghetto. Then again, the stand is gonna be chucked out anyway. Maybe worth a shot :distrust:

God damn it, I didn't even think about this, bought a set of matching stands off the bay,, too narrow. FFS, well like weesonha I'm not going to be able to return them, so I'll have a bash modifying, will be a good excuse to break the welder out..

Anyone use a front stand in combination with an Abba stand and get good ground clearance to remove the front wheel? What make of front stand do you recommend?

Evotech bobbins and Harris Stand

pad1.JPG

pad2.JPG

I also have the full Abba Superbike stand, Front Arm lift and Moto Glide.... all work well, however, the Front lift only clears the floor by a couple of inches.... Xmas is coming.... I have asked MRS Santa for a Sky Lift.... ( or 1-Jac)

Attachments

• pad1.JPG
    pad1.JPG
    727.8 KB · Views: 77
Any pics of your front stands guys ..... I'm in need and want the right one as I have my bike on a hydraulic ramp in my man cave [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harris Under Fork Spigot Front Paddock Stand

I have a Harris Under Fork Spigot front paddock stand which is superb. They are model specific and are a worthwhile investment.

Latest posts

Back