Oxford RT50R Giant Sports Back Pack

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumpy

Reaction score
After my little ride the other day, i have decided that a larger back pack is in order, hated the tail bag Setup, I want to move the weight with me and not have it static on the bike, changes the feel of the bike at low speed corners and filtering. Plus invariably they fuck your tail unit on the bike, got me some nice dings.....SO!!

Has anyone got one of these, or have any knowledge of them good or bad.
[URL="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OXFORD-LIFETIME-LUGGAGE-RT50R-MOTORCYCLE-GIANT-SPORTS-BACK-PACK-50L-CAPACITY-/150802978801"]
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OXFORD-LIFETIME-LUGGAGE-RT50R-MOTORCYCLE-GIANT-SPORTS-BACK-PACK-50L-CAPACITY-/150802978801

[/URL]
Or a good pack that expands form a medium to a large, i know the Oxford one does not. But I am off again on another ride out and no one actually has the one I want (Alpinestars Tech Aero Back Pack) in stock.. So I am going to have to bite the bullet and just get one for the time being.

Cheers in advance.

Hi Lumpy, have you ridden with a Backpack on before and liked it?

When I have had one (light really) on me back it made me tired by lunch time, it might be my riding position as I sit forward n low with my arms bent.

Hi Lumpy, have you ridden with a Backpack on before and liked it?

When I have had one (light really) on me back it made me tired by lunch time, it might be my riding position as I sit forward n low with my arms bent.

Phil - yes mate, i has a Kreiga 25 tightly packed and did 6 hours riding a day for 2 days and didn't really feel it (must be the insainty workout). Hated the rear luggage tho. I had a look at it the Oxford one i mentioned straps are not great. Ideally a 40 Litre bag with another 10 in pockets and comfy like the Kreiga's. keep looking i suppose...

When I have to, I use a Kriega R30 with a US10 attached plus the handy velcro man purse on the lower front right strap for keys/cards etc. Whilst riding with a rucksack isn't my favourite pastime this set-up really suits - love the skydive/centrifugal pack design - really makes a difference from a regular rucksack in terms of weight configuration/dispersal.

Kriega US20 tail pack & learn not to pack like a woman? ;)

Good for atleast a week to 10-day trip.

Yeah I think I am going to settle for the Kreiga 35 with the 10 litre back extension. Fortunately the days of running around washing the same tee-shirt and socks every night are long gone.

Come on then let hear what you pack for a 10 days trip in a 20 litre bag - this should be interesting............:excitement:

Throw t-shirts and socks. Out with the old in with new.

That wont work for me, I ride with full leathers come rain wind shine, so when i get off i need jeans trainers and a hoodie at least, and those three items will fill a K25 very quickly along with the bits you have mentioned. I suppose if i was riding in normal clobber it wouldn't really be an issue. some toiletries wouldn't go amiss. K35 or K30 + the 10 Litre expansion pack will do it.

Come on then let hear what you pack for a 10 days trip in a 20 litre bag - this should be interesting............:excitement:

Microfleece top or hoodie, jeans, skate shoes, shirt, 4x Ts, 4x base layer top, mini toiletries...& make your own call on how many socks & boxers you require. Lightweight waterproof trousers, spare gloves & waterproof Mountain Equipment pac jacket, all in a stuff-sac cargo netted on top.

If I need to take more I'll wear a really lightly packed R25 as well.

My mate refuses to use a tailpack and has a R35 - I'd never choose to ride with a heavy rucksack but each to their own.

Maybe you could look at getting some Travel GHDs ;)

Attachments

• s1krr_TT.jpg
    s1krr_TT.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 16
Microfleece top or hoodie, jeans, skate shoes, shirt, 4x Ts, 4x base layer top, mini toiletries...& make your own call on how many socks & boxers you require. Lightweight waterproof trousers, spare gloves & waterproof Mountain Equipment pac jacket, all in a stuff-sac cargo netted on top.

If I need to take more I'll wear a really lightly packed R25 as well.

My mate refuses to use a tailpack and has a R35 - I'd never choose to ride with a heavy rucksack but each to their own.

Maybe you could look at getting some Travel GHDs ;)

Can you get all that in your R25? As I already mentioned that I did not want to use a tail pack, you get the full 25 litres in one space with a tail pack - not so with rucksacks, pockets count to overall size.

I got one hoodie top, 2 teeshorts, pair of adidas and socks/underwear that was it the R25 was full, toiletries/water/chain went in the tail pack.

I will start with a R35 and if I need more add a 10 litre pack and ahem I will skip the GHD's thanks

Or just make my missus the support vehicle:surprise:

Cheers

Latest posts

Back