Oil syringe

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I have managed to overfill one of my bikes when topping up the oil....... Its enough that I'm not starting it up until ive got some out. I was going to get the Seeley 500ml syringe I saw on halfords website, but saw most reviews on amazon of it were very negative. Anyone got a recommendation for a decent syringe/other way of getting the excess oil?

Could you use a suitable tube and put your thumb over the end of it when you've dipped it in?

I did this last year on my bike after an oil change, I just loosened the sump plug enough to drain the necessary out and nipped it back up, It was messy and a bit of a pain
in the arse but done the job.

I did this last year on my bike after an oil change, I just loosened the sump plug enough to drain the necessary out and nipped it back up, It was messy and a bit of a pain
in the arse but done the job.

Easiest and quickest option id have thought too Davy

Agree that's the easiest way to get the oil out (assuming I have the right tool, havn't checked), but if I can't trust myself to put the right amount of oil in the first place, not sure I trust myself to tighten it properly!

Soof - I think it's too much oil to do it that way. I may still buy one of those syringe things, found a better rated one from Silverline on Amazon.

Cheers all

You could drain the lot in to a clean catch tray then put litre by litre into a measuring jug back in. Might be a bit less of a guessing game.

I bought this exact item on 14th April, only to find out that it was dispatched from ******* China the next day and will arrive sometime between then and ******* 26th May! Express delivery (to get it on the dates quoted on amazon) costs ?35+

I only started this thread because I got bored waiting, and want to use the bike - never mind that I'm doing a short trip just a few days after 26th, and can't take the risk of the thing not appearing....

In the past, I've ordered a bunch of large medical/veterinary syringes off eBay to keep for just this kind of thing. They go up to about a quarter-litre in size, so also useful for filling differentials, gearboxes, etc on cars, and for vacuum bleeding bloody awkward brake calipers.

I bought this exact item on 14th April, only to find out that it was dispatched from ******* China the next day and will arrive sometime between then and ******* 26th May! Express delivery (to get it on the dates quoted on amazon) costs ?35+

I only started this thread because I got bored waiting, and want to use the bike - never mind that I'm doing a short trip just a few days after 26th, and can't take the risk of the thing not appearing....

Bizarre- Pretty sure mine arrived within a day or two... I'm on Amazon Prime though daaahling.

oooooo, get you :)

I'm not sure Prime gets you overnight fedex from China... anyway, good news is that the syringe arrived this morning, and it didn't take long to remove the excess oil. Seems like a nice day, so I'll be off for a run later to check it out :)

Latest posts

Back