Oil and Filter Change

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Guys, what oil do you use, I'm happy with Castrol Power 1, I normally do 2-3 changes per season, tho mine was serviced at 6 thou, I'm sitting at 10k now and want to change the O and F. I can't see a filter on the list, but on the oil front Tim recommends 5/40.... any views on this, I see there are two types of the Motul...

I emailed Opie yesterday and got this reply..

Hi Stuart

It takes a 5w-40 oil.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-781-5w-40-engine-oils.aspx

The Silkoleve Pro 4 Plus and Motul 300V are two of the best oils on the market. The Motul 7100 and Castrol Power 1 Racing are also good options.

Here are the filters that we have.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-1315-motorcycle-filters.aspx

Regards

Tim

Last edited:
We use Castrol power 1 racing 5w40 on s1000's and as for a filter Mahle OC619, it's a BMW filter without the Expensive BMW logo on the side ;)

I ordered the 300v 5-40 off opie Stuart , it's top quality mate plus you get the discount as it's pricy

I have been using the BMW recommended Castrol Power 1 5W40 but I have just received my order of Motul 300V from Opie oils.

I have always used genuine filters, but if the above post is true that BMW just brand Mahle filters then I will use those in future.

I did find a genuine filter at a lower price from Rainbow BMW, I am waiting to receive it any day.

I will stick with Motul 300V now and I will even provide the oil to my dealer when the annual service comes up next April.

I have used 300V in my MV Agusta, Aprilia V4 and Suzuki GSXR 1000 and never had any problems.

As long as the oil is the same grade and has the same API rating then it doesn't matter who makes it

Oil & Filter

I'm currently using Castrol Power 1 Racing 5W-40 and I change it every 2-3 trackdays. As for oil filters I'm just using replacement OEM filters from BMW.

Thanks lads, 5/40 it is then if it works for you guys, on the filter drop down there is no option for S1000rr or HP4 (same engine year), yet when I google the Mahle OC619 as Stephen mentioned Opie sells them .. I'll bell them and order over the phone.

Latest posts

Back